Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have had a friend make me a soft cover for the pocket on the left side of the fairing with new snaps and with a clear vinyl over the top as to hold maps and such.

It is still made just like the Honda piece but with the clear vinyl over the solid piece and sewen on three sides so you can slip a map inside and read it with the cover in place.

My friend can make them for either the 1200 as I have or the 1500 that I have an old cover he used to make a pattern from. These can be made in any color to match your bike in marine grade vinyl.

If enough of you want them I will get them made up for cost plus shipping.

I don't want to make any money from them just what they cost him to make as he said he can use scrap pieces left over from other jobs and all new snaps that cost him. He has an ulpohestery shop and makes small things for me all the time. Mine looks great and I belive it is a great idea and want to share it with all of you. I know some of you will have touring bags on your tank with the window idea but not all of us have touring bags there and this would be good to have I think.

OK I have a thread under For Sale Fourm to order these now Please use that thread.

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

x2 on the black one for a 1200.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Black one for a 1500 please. This could really turn in to something and keep your buddy busy.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
imported post

I'd take two black ones for a GL1200.
I'd like to know the cost first, though.
Cheers! :toast:

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
imported post

I would also like to get one for a 1500 that is close to the original, with the addition of sunglasses holder loops on the top stap. Three loops would be sufficient.

How much? How do we place our order?

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

It's gonna depend on price. This guy from Florida on eBay makes 'em for $22.50, and ships 'em for $2.00.

http://tinyurl.com/85bcpj

There's usually a few nice used ones for 1500s on there, too.Decent used 1200 covers seem to be more scarce.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

wingnumberone, Yes he sells the pocket covers but not with the clear vinyl over the base so as to hold a map as I had made. I will try to get a photo on here soon.

as for price I still need to find out about that, I should know by monday and will post price for them. Now as I say he can make them in most any color as well to match your bike.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

well I picked them up today and here is what I have

I am going to list in for sale later today as well as pricing

Attachments

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,205 Posts
imported post

Now that is absolutely perfect, practical, and purty.

Oh, Mr. Steve gave the okay for Trucknchuck. He asked before he posted these.

Soon as I know which bike I will own next, I'm going to get two of those.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

I could use one for the 1500

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
imported post

That would great for my MP3 player put a flap, on top and it would be quite water proof, hmmmmmm?

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
imported post

For what it's woprth I have an old one in pretty ratty shape for an 1100. Though maybe he could use it for a patern if so just shoot me an address to send it to.

I also have a set of the small pouches that attach to the trunk on an 1100 that are thoroughly trashed. Would like to know what he would charge toremake a set of them.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

I have a thread on the For Sale Fourm now. Pls use that to order your Pockets.

Thank You. Chuck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.