Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Goin' down the road last weekend, glanced over in the two-lanes traveling the opposite direction.....there went a Harley with ape hangars, higher than I've EVER seen before......this guys arms were STRAIGHT UP over his head, arms locked tight, with his pillion sitting high behind him, at least a head taller.

I do NOT understand how one could ride this way and enjoy it. Wouldn't the blood leave your arms after a short while, and your arms become completely numb? Which rhymes with dumb.......lol

It takes all kinds to make a world!

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a shot distance bike to me.:action:

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
imported post

Did it look something like this?

Attachments

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

H:shock:ly crap!!!:shock::shock::shock::shock::cheeky1:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
imported post

I certainly don't understand it, but to each their own. If you like it, go for it.

John

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

i know illinois has a limit on how high you can have them several states have those laws but arent enforced unless said picture is obvious

my buddy has a group called the "apes" and if you dont have mid or extended apes you cant join i rode a bike with extended apes i didnt make it 5 miles and my arms were falling asleep........ i dont know how they do it maybe their wives or girl friends rub anatomy parts to keep the blood flowing..... i dont know????!??!??!??!?

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
imported post

flashya2 wrote:
Goin' down the road last weekend, glanced over in the two-lanes traveling the opposite direction.....there went a Harley with ape hangars, higher than I've EVER seen before......this guys arms were STRAIGHT UP over his head, arms locked tight, with his pillion sitting high behind him, at least a head taller.

I do NOT understand how one could ride this way and enjoy it. Wouldn't the blood leave your arms after a short while, and your arms become completely numb? Which rhymes with dumb.......lol

It takes all kinds to make a world!
Wouldn't the blood leave your arms after a short while, and your arms become completely numb? Which rhymes with dumb.......lol

No worries, you said he was riding a harley :D

·
Banned
85 Posts
imported post

He looks like a fly ready to hit the windscreen. Idiot.:shock::shock::shock::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

California, your not suppose to have your hands above your shoulders, but.....I've seen a lot around here. Not enforced.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
imported post

Are the exhausts high like that so he can run underwater? Thats taking motorcycling to a whole new level!

·
12,841 Posts
imported post

brianinmaine wrote:
Are the exhausts high like that so he can run underwater? Thats taking motorcycling to a whole new level!
Now you're talking, motorcycling and diving together. I could go for that.:action:

Love your avatar too. :) Maine lobster, clams & melted butter. YUM YUM!!

John

·
Just one of the guys
4,814 Posts
imported post

The guy looks like he has a bad back and needs to be in traction all the time, he developed a bike that could accomplish it.

·
Just me.
2,746 Posts
imported post

If I'm not mistaken, Arkansas limits you to 15 inches. Don't remember if thats over the seat or over the triple tree.

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

Florida is also shoulder height, but it's not enforced. I guess it's a matter of how the LEO feels at the moment. Kind of like tinted windows.

·
12,841 Posts
imported post

lostinflorida wrote:
I guess it's a matter of how the LEO feels at the moment. Kind of like tinted windows.
and loud pipes, loud music, accessory lighting.....

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
imported post

In IL the bar's can't be higher than your shoulder . So i've seen them move the bar's down when ever the see a LEO so now your riding with ape bar's and bar's that move .

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
imported post

Makes for a good on the road clothes line. Probably gets a better GPS signal.:shock::action:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.