Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Come on Lady Wingers, let's give equal time by showing our appreciation of our men on this very special day!

Because the calendar says it's Valentine's Day, a holiday arguably second only to Christmas, many of our men are out there frantically searching for the perfect gift to present to that very special lady in their life. Let's face it ladies...most of us would agree that the old dopes can't even come close to purchasing anything more precious than the love that they show us, oftentimes daily, through even their smallest acts of love and kindness. But that'll be our little secret....right ladies???!!!!:angel2: ;););):D For those of you that are as fortunate as I am to have that special man in their lives, I encourage and challenge you to tell him (and us...:D) just how much he means to you and how much you appreciate him! Besides ladies....our men can't have all the "ahhhhhs"!:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

My story:

Many of you are familiar with Mike (MDKramer) haunting this forum, but few of you, I'd venture to say, really know the man behind the keyboard! Many of you already know at least some of our story. So, for those of you that do, bear with me please, and for those of you that don't, I will try to keep this as brief as I think possible, so as not to bore you!!! Hehehehe!!! Ok, Valentine's Day is all about hearts, flowers, love, and yes...long winded displays!!! Hehehehe!!!

We met one November night when Mike came to work at the same facility that I was employed. Sitting there at my keyboard, I noticed a flash of movement beside me as he entered the unit. At that time we worked at a residential group treatment home for adolescents. Thinking to myself, as I did a double-take, "Wow!" "The scenery is greatly improving around here!" Ok...I'll admit it...pretty shallow of me!:cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil: LOL!!! But damn...he was fine!!!:blushing::blushing::blushing: ;):D;):blushing: I watched him walk across the floor to greet the staff that night and to introduce himself as one of Boy's and Girl's Home's transferred employees from the, then closed Hastings, NE facility. Tall, blonde, and a certain air about him that commanded attention, but very friendly and approachable. After collecting my jaw back where it belonged, I closed my laptop, walked over, and introduced myself. We quickly became friends and working partners during the upcoming weeks. Best friends, in fact! Over two years have come and gone since then, and Mike and I are still best friends...and better yet, are now making a new life together! Both of us have been through hell and back during the time that we've been together...bad previous relationships, my cancer (not once, but twice), and many other struggles. But our love for each other has still managed to survive and grow stronger! Together, I believe we are still the best team ever!!! We share many of the same interests, of which is our love for riding, and the love we have for the Vietnam Veterans/Legacy Vets Motorcycle Club, and its members that we support and ride with. In fact, tonight we are going to a VNV/LV wedding. Two very dear friends that after 8 years together have decided to make this day even more special! Long time coming!! LOL!!!! Are there wedding bells on Mike's and my horizon? We've entertained the thought of heading down the aisle ourselves, but there are still some obstacles to overcome before that can happen. Time will only tell. But this I can tell you...Mike IS the love of my life!!! On the outside, he can be a little tough, crass, and yet still delightfully humorous. He never fails to make me smile...even when I get a little miffed with him!!! Damn it!!! :headbanger::littleangel:I could go on and on about how wonderful he's been for me, the special way he makes me feel, about that impish smile he has, his infectious laugh, his strong sense of justice with compassion, the loyalty he has for those he counts as friends, and the sincere love and tenderness that he gives me, but this post would become so enormous that it would speak volumes! In all fairness though...I can't steal all my Lady Wingers' thunder!!! Hehehehe!!!

Baby, I truly hope that you are reading this....as I suspect you will. I know I've said this many times, but I don't think there are words that can even come close to telling you the love that I have for you and how truly I appreciate the fact that you came into my life!!! As far as I'm concerned, Valentine's Day is just the opportunity to tell you publicly (and most likely embarrass you terribly....hehehehe!!!) how I feel about you EVERY day of the year!!!! I love you Sweetheart!!! More than you'll EVER KNOW!!!!! Happy Valentine's Day my love!!!!

Gina

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Now that is a great tribute! MD, you are truly blessed! Luck and Love to the both of ya from CJ and Red (Mel and Sandy)......

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
imported post

Wow...:cool:.....sooooo sweet!.....I think I might have to.....:crying: Ok, enough with the emotional stuff!
You asked and you shall recieve..( a reply)

Jeff and I have been a couple since 1985 and have been married almost 22 years now. I couldn't have found a more perfect mate! He sometimes gets emotional too and says that he couldn't have found a better wife etc.etc. It's nice for sure. Other guys/gals buy rings, jewelry, fancy stuff etc. Not Jeff, cause he knows me. I would rather have motorcycle accessories/parts etc. than have big rock on my finger.:clapper: I can re-sell bikes and parts if necessary:D and rings are meant to be keepers. :cool: Yup, it's a great life for life.......;). We are agreeable 110% that there is nothing wrong with owning 6 motorcycles between us:action::action::action::action::action::action:

Looking forward to many more years together.......even if we have to get trikes or whatever down the road.........:action::action::action::action::action::action:

Jen:cool: ;).....and my better half........Jeff:waving:

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
imported post

ob1quixote wrote:
Gina wrote:
Sitting there at my keyboard, I noticed a flash of movement beside me
So, he introduced himself by flashing you?

Sorry, couldnt resist!!!LOL!
:doh:

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
imported post

Well..let see where to Start...Well I guess with a little introduction. I am Wendy, Panatellos' wife..he told me about this thread and asked me if I would be interested in posting...And seeing how I am always reading these forums over his shoulder I thought it was about time that I started my own account on here.

That being said, I know he has posted how we met and got together..So I thought I would just tell everyone how today went.

Thursday.......

Pan....."Honey..what do you want to do for Valentines day"

Wendy.."ummm I dunno"

(side note - this is typically how our greatest adventures start)

Pan.."well I was thinking"

Wendy..."ohh no"

Pan.."lets take the goldwing out, pick some fresh strawberries, and catch dinner on the way back home?"

Wendy...(big smile)..."What a great idea!!!!!"

Saturday (Valentines day..day of the ride)
So first off I had to work this morning, and the weather was not looking promising...lots of clouds..sprinkling on and off...

Noon - I get off work and head home..Calling Pan to let him know I am on my way so he can get the last minute things ready on the bike (rain gear). I get home and Pan looks like someone has kicked his puppy. After asking whats wrong, I get the saddest blue eyes ever, and hear..."The clutch is sticking on the bike....but I think it can make it..."...Well him being the more adventurous and I being paranoid, we had a little discussion on how I did not want to be stuck in the middle of no-where, hours away from home, with no clutch, waiting on a friend to pick us up!!, when I was sure all of our friends (who would have come saved us, no doubt about that) probably had valentines day plans with their sweeties. So being the "princess" that I am, we took the car!!

Every motorcycle we passed had us both sighing..we were both disappointed. But eventually we got to the orchard we were going too, and spent about 2 hours picking strawberries!! It was such a blast!! he has pictures on his phone I will try to get him to post some. During those 2 hours it rained a bit but not much, so we pretty much had the patch to ourselves, just one other guy was out there (there was a family out there, but as soon as it started sprinkling the dad carted everyone off)

After that, we took it slow going home, talking about this and that, but not too much. Hubby and I have this great way of having long periods of companionable silence, where you don't have to say anything just being with each other is enough. Along the way we stopped at this shack of a building to have dinner..BEST BURGERS I have had in a while..we love to stop in little holes in the wall to eat. This one is great we will definitely be going back..as soon as we get a new clutch!!

All in all a great day..no crowds, no kids, ..and a great adventure with my Pan.

Wendy

(I don't ride a bike but I look good on the back of one!!)

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

No offense but I think I am the man ladies dislike because I couldnt read through half of that first speach. I just wanted to re focus my attention on something else.

I read till the 3rd paragraph and my mind went BLAH BLAH BLAH.

I also notice I am the 2nd guy responding to this post so I may not be alone.

Us guys need things quick and to the point or we lose our focus .

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thankyou Mel and Sandy!!!!! :blushing: I believe that I am the lucky one!!! But of course, Sandy has a hell of a man too!!! Can't wait to meet up with you and your lucky lady some day soon.....when this cancer and treatment nightmare are over!!!:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:Still planning on taking that western trek, just needing to postpone it for a little while! Trading four wheels for two right now....but hey....I've always got a seat everywhere we go! LOL!!! :D

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Thankyou for posting Jennifer!!:waving:

Sounds like you two are really made for one another!!!! ;) I TRULY understand your sentiments too!! In fact, at the risk of showing my man's soft underbelly, and the lengths that his love would go, I have to share something he told me last night.

Went to the wedding last night, and for the record....one of the BEST times I've had in such a VERY long time!! :clapper::clapper::clapper:But more on that later! Please watch for my future post "A biker's wedding." Anyway, last night at the reception, talking to one of my favorite club members (OK...they're all my favorites! :D), I listened to his story about how the tough economic times forced this disabled vet out of his home. Thinking to myself, what kind of country would do this to one of its heroes! Sorry, I digress! Gets my dander up even now as I think about it!!! Then, to make matters even worse, I learned about one club supporter (not in attendance) who has a wife and 4 kids, and is about to lose everything he has! He is frantically selling everything he possibly can to keep afloat, even threatening to let the bike go! Anyhoo...on the trip home I told Mike about the conversations, Mike turns to me and says, "Baby...if tomorrow hard times befall us, the bike (which I might add, he loves so much he's even named it "Precious"!) will go before we lose our house! What a man!!! Only an avid biker would understand the significance of what he just told me. I replied, "Honey, I truly hope that we NEVER face that dilemma, but you are incorrect!" "That bike means the world to BOTH of us, and we could ALWAYS find another home!" You know Jennifer, I meant it too! That old Goldwing might be starting to lose its original luster, but it means a lot to me too! Yes, we could always get another bike, and honestly, we've toyed with the idea recently, but we'd never get rid of "Precious," she's been a good old girl, and a lot of therapy for both of us over the past years! That bike means just as much to me as it does to my best guy!

Thanks again for sharing your story!!!:waving:

Gina:12black:

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Hey Wendy, sounds like a PERFECT DAY (aside from the rain, of course)!!! Pan must be a true romantic!!! ;) :D Thank you for sharing your magical day and telling us about your special valentine!!! :clapper::clapper::clapper: By the way...I'm EXTREMELY jealous that you two are able to take the bike out this time of year!!!! :( Friday dumped snow on Nebraska and temps are still too frigid for even the most avid biker to saddle up here! I know....I live with a hard core biker man, and he even opted for the "cage" last night!!! :shock:

Looking forward to hearing about more of your adventures!!! :waving:

By the way Wendy...I forgot to welcome you to the BEST Goldwing forum EVER!!! :blushing: I just happened to join after a little "chiding" and....ummm..."encouragement" from Mike too!!! :D:cheeky1: I also enjoy reading...and now posting to this forum!!!!!:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper: I sincerely hope that you find SSGF an enjoyable home, and we ALL look forward to seeing your posts!!!

Welcome to the family!!!! :waving:

Gina (Wishing I lived in Texas right about now!) :12black:

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

You know Muay....I'm sorry if my idea to have our Lady Wingers post their Valentine's Day appreciation of the men in their lives....and/or their, or my story offends you...but you know what's great about the "human condition" and America....we ALL have choices! Yours could have been to keep moving past this particular topic...ummm....no offense!! :waving:

For the record...all you men out there, please take the time to give this thread a peruse!!! After all...your Lady Wingers might just like the fact that you're seeing all the nice things they have to say about you!!!!! ;););)

I could be wrong :baffled:....but I doubt it!!! Hehehehe!!! :D
Nice comments are ALWAYS welcome too!!! :D

Hope you had a GREAT Valentine's Day!!!

Gina :12black:

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
imported post

I thank the Ladies for their comments and think that was a great idea. But you know us ole hardtail men we like to keep our emotions secret but none of us would be anything without our women. My wife doesnt do the computer thing at all but I know she thinks I am just about the most perfect thing in the world. LOL :D:D:D:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.