Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

trying to decide what color to paint my 87 wing and leaming toward the or oramge in the 2003 or 4 model but color charts seem to show they are slightly different

is it possible anybody can send me some pics of these models fullscale so i can compare them in real life?

this will give me a basis to start with

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
imported post

wexys avatar shows the nice orange, I believe its the earlier one and crezz has the latter colour in his avatar

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
imported post

You really need to see the 2 orange colours in daylight as photographs do not tell the true story. The 2002 Orange is a pearl finish whereas the 2003 colour is a candy metallic finish slightly darker, which is probably the best. I had the 02 pearl orange and while it was nice on a really sunny day the candy orange looked good all the time. Attached link is mylast bike in Pearl orange

http://picasaweb.google.com/KenMag/Goldwing1800#5370593491781770914

yr236m is the code for the 03 Candy jupiter orange and yr232p is the code for my Pearl orange bike.

Hopethis helps.

Ken

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

what year and colors is that you have now?

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
imported post

It is a 2000 1500se Candy spectra red, looks a bit sad in the avatar but will soon be back on the road, R176c is the colour

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
imported post

Might be better if you moved this topic into general discussion or technical, you may get more responses

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

The orange on my 1800 is from the 2003 /2004 wing and it is called Jupiter Orange ,It is a really nice colour and sparkles in the sunlight from the metallic in it .The pearl orange or burnt orange as it is known is from the 2002 wing and is darker and flatter than the jupiter orange ,, Hope this helps ,Ciaran

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
imported post

Her's a pic of my 2002 1800, I believe it's known as "Burnt Orange"

This colour is VERY popular among Goldwing cogniscenti of a particular region...:dude:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
imported post

...and another one ...maybe in a different light...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
imported post

Mine in the sunlight, which is Burnt Orange.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
imported post

Not in the sunlight:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
imported post

Or even in the dark :D