Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have reviewed the many interesting technical discussion and I fine them all very interesting. However some discussion refer to Archives. Where do I findarchive discussion?

Blackhat

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
imported post

Hi Blackcat

I use the search box at the top of each forum, type a word or subject then searched through. They may be another route, I am sure a Guru will put you right.:clapper::clapper:.

We live and learn.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

You are right just type in the subject in the search box and you will get into all the messages posted on that subject ,,you dont need to be a GURU to advice other posters on anything ,,if you know the answer to the question ,then just answer it ,ya never know you might make Guru status someday ,,unlike another RED poster that will never make Guru status because we would miss him begging ...cheers Ciaran

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
if you know the answer to the question ,then just answer it ,ya never know you might make Guru status someday.
Hey manxblackcat, :waving:Hope you read that reply. :baffled: You must be in line for the top job. :clapper: Did he ask you for any favours yet, :whip: thats normally the next line of approach, so be careful. :stumped:

:weightlifter: :18red: :weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
imported post

There isn't an archive here. All the topics are kept "live", that is they are fully searchable all the time, so no need for an archive. I visit some older forums that archive messages that exceed their buffer. Some forums that are cheap to rent have a limit on the amount of messages that can be stored, the older ones over the limit go into an archive. They usually aren't searchable from the main search bar, you have to enter the archive area and do a search there.

I remember in the old forum we had here that the limit was 4000 posts in the main forum, then off to an archive with the older ones (the wingnut gave me the info early last year). This one is better, archives mean you have to searh twice for things, once in the main forum and again in the archive. These php type forums are cool, the search on this one is very accurate and the pages load real fast.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

This is the best forum I've ever found on the net. After using some of the Yahoo sponsered thing and such, the lack of ads and junk and being able to use the full page is great! Mr. Saunders is to be thanked and congratulated!

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
This is the best forum I've ever found on the net. Mr. Saunders is to be thanked and congratulated!
Hurragh for Mr.Saunders whoever he is. :baffled: Oh that must be the wingnut. :stumped:

These "Gurus" are allowed to address the wingnut by his family name but not us poor members. :whip: Anywaywe allagree 100% with your comments. :clapper:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.