Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Three weeks ago I put my Goldwing in the local Honda dealership for a brake bleeding and neautral light irratically not lighting. They say a neautral switch has been ordered and received but a spring that goes with it has not come in. Are these parts that hard to get? Any idea of a fair price to pay for the part and installation?

My grip for my fuel control slips. Any suggestions on how to stop it without glueing the grip to the fuel control?

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
imported post

Welcome to this forum.

The shop will more than likely add the chargefor an oil change and radiator flush.

That switch is behind the oil filter aluminum housing and the water pump has to come out. The spring is a roll pin or sping pin, and I can not beleive they did not have that...well the way Hondaindividually package each part...yes. No idea on shop costs, but get ready to dig deep...maybe not too bad.

http://www.goldwinginfo.com/gwi/oem_groups.php?language=EN&model=GL1500[/url]

http://www.servicehonda.com/parts.php

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,166 Posts
imported post

Foosman, you are a regular encyclopedia of knowledge :)

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
imported post

No, actually there is a wealth of knowledge here on this forum, and I am still learning.

I have my problems and questions too.

Two head are better than one. Old age, and our memory fades.

What a great site.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Not a terribly hard job to pull the front cover off and replace the switch. Normally the switch has the roll pin already installed. If for some reason one wasn't in the switch that the shop got they should have been able to press the one out of the defective switch and install it in the new one.

I'm assuming they tested the switch with an ohmmeter before deciding the existing one was bad. A bad connector or chafed wire could also cause an intermittant neutral light as could a corroded lamp socket. It would be a shame to pay for removing the front cover and replacing a switch that didn't have anything wrong with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.