Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was just checking on Goldwing prices on eBay to check the 'value' of my 1500SE.

eBay usually has higher prices, but not lately. I found this 1996 beauty with Cruise, Reverse, Low Miles, New Stuff & always garaged, etc. $6500. reserve with a $7k Buy it Now price ?? Not the only good deal, either.......just an example.

96 GL1500 Aspy reverse, CC, stored, low miles, etc.

Now, I wonder if my Goldwing is worth less with our messed up economy :shakehead:

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
imported post

KBB says the bike is worth 6500 bucks retail and my 91 Interstate is worth 5050.
I guess it's all in what the bike is worth to someone but I can see the economy having some influence on prices.

Is that bike on ebay the original color? Looks like it's been painted to me.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

With the economy in the tanks, people will sell their 'prized possessions' cheaper, just to get some much needed $$ in a hurry. With no 'spare cash' in abundance, the prices for items that are up for sale, will generally be lower, so they'll move.

Don't forget Popeye, that one's an Aspencade, not a SE model, which will command a higher price.

My Aspy came with more 'stuff' on it than that one has(rear speakers, cornering lights, etc.) Guess the PO installed it. :baffled:

Dusty

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
imported post

That sounds great, just ashame i can't get it to me here in France !
Still seems very expensive hear in France, € 6500 won't really but you much here. A 1988 with 120 000 km minimum.
I have been looking at Goldwing prices in the UK and you get alot more for your money and with the present exchange rate being very good it's even better.
I'm alot more tempted to but one in UK and export to France.
Has anyone done this before ? Is it diificult ? Is it even worth it ? or is there just loads and loads of problems with all the red tape etc........

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
imported post

the prices on motorcycles goes down more and more the closer winter gets and starts to rise the closer spring gets.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

I was looking for a price on an engine and went to "my buddies web site" necycles in Beaumont Texas....He has a 2002 Wing for sale there for $13,500...Now I don't know if this is a good pricefor a 2002 but it is a nice looking Wing...Guess the price depends on who has it and what they think is fair...

I looked at that 1500 on Ebay , I also think its repainted...I don't see any striping, or did they not come with any????

Claude....

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

James S wrote:
That sounds great, just ashame i can't get it to me here in France !
Still seems very expensive hear in France, € 6500 won't really but you much here. A 1988 with 120 000 km minimum.
I have been looking at Goldwing prices in the UK and you get alot more for your money and with the present exchange rate being very good it's even better.
I'm alot more tempted to but one in UK and export to France.
Has anyone done this before ? Is it diificult ? Is it even worth it ? or is there just loads and loads of problems with all the red tape etc........
If you are thinking of importing to France ,make sure it is a EUROPEAN spec wing you get NOT an American spec ,the French are so full of bloody paperwork etc and they will not allow anybody import a bike or a car unless it has a certificate of conformity to European standards ,You can get a cert from Honda for a Euro spec bike ,but not a American spec one ..

Been there done that tore out my hair and ate the Tshirt :D

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

ddrumman2004 wrote:
Is that bike on ebay the original color? Looks like it's been painted to me.
The color looks the same to me as Jluvs2dive's new blue 1500. The price on this one might be a bit lower because it's pretty much a plain jane.

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I don't knnow anything about that particular bike.....I just picked it at random since it had reverse, cruise, low miles & such & it was the closest to my 97 1500 SE.

It just seemed odd for a bike to be going down in value. I never noticed much price difference between fall & spring & the shipping usually kills any diff anyway.

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
imported post

Having been ripped off on E-Bay, I would be very careful about using ebay as a price gauge. There are a number of good bargains there ,but, there are some that are just a come on.:shock:

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

Soon the 2000 model 1500 will be 10 years old and never to be built again,and down the road parts will be getting scarce as the 1200's are now. I owned a 1200 and a 1500 and now have an 1800.The 1500 in my mind was the best ALL AROUND motorcycle I ever owned. I believe a fine looking, low mileage 1500 will be increasing in value in a few years........MHO

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.