4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

MADDOG355 wrote:
Link no work? :baffled:
The software didn't pick it up as a link.

Just copy it and paste it into your browser adress field and click go.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Fixed link

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

Oh, and I don't know what a part like that is worth, but it's rusty and the seller says that it will clean up.

I love how these sellers push crap. So if it won't clean up, can you get your money back?

I have learned from my own experience why people refer to it as fleabay....

·
Honda Guru
2,053 Posts
imported post

These things are no longer available from Honda and if you happen to have a STD model and want to restore it after bags and luggage rack have been removed... you gotta pay the price. Buyer beware! 13 bids can't make the seller totally at fault!!

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

I used to feel bad about getting a couple of hundred dollars for the battery side covers for the 1200's, but like you said, I didn't do the bidding. Timing is everything.

I would even include new grommets when I sold them.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,160 Posts
imported post

I had to go look, I found Winning bid: US $162.50 ???

oh my garsh.... you guys already said it all.
That is why I almost never was able to buy anthing off of fleabay.

I would set my price in Snipe and walk off and forget it. I managed to get two items in a year of bidding. Both of them were crap and not as represented by the buyer.

However, when I went back and blew up their pictures about ten times, although it pixelated horribly, the deep gouges were there.

I truly believe they down size the pictures on purpose to keep you from seeing the real details at first glance.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
imported post

There's some guy someplace that saw that and thought....." Hey, I have one of those, I'll put it on ebay and get my 160 bucks!" :cool:

So he'll go to the trouble of posting it and his will probably sell for about 7 bucks. :doh:

Isn't that the way it goes?:headbanger:

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Timing is everything.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
imported post

I almost had one a month ago for $40.......both my GL1000's need one, but not for anywhere near that price!!

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
imported post

UBarW wrote:
its worth it if someone will pay for it...
Hit the nail righton the head with that one.

As much as I'd like for both bikes to have that rail, NOT havingone doesn't make either of them unrideable...:)

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
imported post

I could be rich! I have a couple of those out in the barn somewhere...:cool:

·
2,486 Posts
imported post

Some people have no patience...I ordered a set of pickup cols for my magna.."no longer available".
went to fleabay...a set had just sold for almost 100.They were only $85 new!!
Couple of weeks later, got 'em as a buy it now for $24.!! ;-)

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

The price for the grab rail was outragous. That being said I have had great luck on E-Bay. I got the trunk, saddle bags and all the mounting hardware for my gl1100 in very good condition for only $200. Like the man said timing is everything. you have to be patient.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

YOu may be able to clean off the surface rust, but the pitting will still be there.Will still look like crap.

Yep. TIming is everything. THings been getting stupid on ebay lately. Must still be alot of people riding. Come Dec or Jan-Feb prices will be good. I missed a set of rims last night. Watched a rear last week sell for $36 with a 491 EliteII with 3/4 tread left. I didnt need the tire but would have been good to have a spare in the shop. Same type rim without tire went for $66, front went for $57. Bare in mind they had no tires,just rim, the winner bought both for around $123+around $20 ship. Another month and he'd of gotten them forless than half that.

I wanted a set to fixup this winter with the whitewall tires I wanted so all I had to do was jack it up and slide them on. I bought a set last year for my Shadow for $9.99 each. Gonna have to wait till it gets bitterly cold to pay reasonable prices.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
imported post

I consistently watch folks bid on used parts for 1500 goldwings and pay more on e-bay than they would if they bought the part brand new! An example is I switched my bike from floorboards to pegs and the gear shift was going for 35 - 50 bucks on e-bay. I bought one from bike bandit for 30 bucks brand new with free shipping - go figure.:?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.