Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm about to change my spark plugs in my 2004 GL1800 Goldwing. The spark plugs that are currently installed are NGK BKR6E-11. I just received a new set that are NGK BKR5E-11. I've seen both throughout the web under Honda GL1800 Goldwing O.E.M. parts. Anyone know what the difference is between these two? I'd appreciate any input that you may have. Thank you, Ray

·
Registered
261 Posts
The 5 indicates that it is a hotter plug than the 6. The higher the number, the colder the plug. When you remove the old plugs notice the color. If the color is a light tan, then the 6 was perfect. If they are dark or black, then the 5 may be better. If your plugs were very light, then you may want to go to 7.

·
Administrator
24,334 Posts
Depends what kind of riding you do. If you ride a lot in conditions like your avatar the 5s would be better. If on long stretches at high speed you want the 6s.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank You goes out to all of you that responded! I sincerely appreciate your responses with the great information. I switched them out for the NGK BKR6E-11 standard plugs. Thanks again, Ray :smile2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts