Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm getting my map ready for next years riding season. I went to the members map page to see how many members was on the map in my area. I'm sure some people are not listed on the map.I would love to see how many members I can say hello to on one of my trips. It would make a nice rest stop. Plus it would give people like myself ageneral meet and greet area to ride in.

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

Come see us in Eureka Springs, AR Labor Day weekend at the 5th Annual Midwest Meet and Greet! You are invited!!!:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

I will be in Sturgess, SD in August of 09

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Plans? Plans? I don't need no steeenkin' plans! I just load her up and go when the mood and weather strike my fancy.

Bein' old isn't fun but bein' retired sure as hell is.:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
imported post

Making plans for next year?????? This years riding season is not over yet !!!! I live in Houston. Riding season is 51 weeks.

Kevin E

(I love bragging)

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

heading to the nakedgoldwings fourth gathering in Sturgis (the week after sturgis) and I hear tell, I am on some sort of list for an event in so-colo in September

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

I don't make plans too far ahead, except for something "Grand" like the next meet and greet.

I can count on some local impromtu rides here in Florida and don't ever plan for them.

I'm hoping that the economy is steady enough to save the "Go dough" for heading to Colorado in September.

In ways I'm dreading it, because I know that I'll need at least three weeks to be able to visit every where I want to in the area. I just can't see going that far and not making it "Oma's and Papa's Second Great Adventure".

·
Premium Member
5,381 Posts
imported post

Thinking about Route 66 or what's left of it. Lots of time to plan, scheme and dream.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
imported post

I have the whole summer off. First on the list is an ultralight fly-in/camp-out at the Black Rock Desert in Nevada mid June. Then more camping and dual sport riding the following two weeks. Will probably do a month long trip on the Wing after that and try to stop in at the South Dakota get together.

Q

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
imported post

Got a bunch of rides in the pipeline.

Mason Dixon 2020
Cape Fear 1000
50CC
B2B
4-Corners
48 or 48+ state ride
Some twisty riding in the far west to help me recover from the days of superslab riding for some of the above.

Let's hope gas prices stay down. On this summer's ride I paid $4.50-$5/gal for gas and that was a huge part of my riding budget.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Panatellos wrote:
Making plans for next year?????? This years riding season is not over yet !!!! I live in Houston. Riding season is 51 weeks.

Kevin E

(I love bragging)
Yea I had to kill some breeding mosquito larvae in a puddle today, the fire ants are getting the hots for the yard and some kind of a gnat just landed on my trackball.

As long is it stays below the 80 degrees my bermuda needs to grow, I'm happy. :cooldevil:

When it comes to riding, if ya plan it much, ya ruin it, IMO.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

My buddies and I are looking into riding around Lake Superir and Lake Michigan.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

Only plan I have so far is to do an all-Missouri Iron Butt ride as early this spring as I can handle it. Don't have my route nailed down yet, just a sketchy idea, but this is the kind of ride you DO have to plan. Otherwise, it's just short day rides, etc, as work always keeps us busy.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
imported post

My Son and I are comtemplating a ride from Indiana t Niagra Falls over to the Adroniack Mountains and the northeastern seaboard in the spring.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

this riding season hasn't ended yet. i am riding to Eglin AFB in the morning for a Patriot Guard mission. ahhh to live in Florida:action:

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Hey Pan that's 51and 1/2 weeks if we don't have a hurricane blow in....even then we can still ride if you watch real careful for displaced rattle snakes and deer..... My riding plans????? Right now I just don't know if there will be any.....

There are a couple of items I still need for my Wing before I'll put it on the road again, like a speedometer, I want the sender and a 150 mph speedometer for my Wing and all new stainless steel brake lines, mine are shot.....OH and maybe an un- brokenfairing....I fixed mine it looked great then one piece broke loose when I was sanding the fairing,,,Back to square one.....

Mine is getting very very close to that custom paint job.....Got all the minor pieces almost stripped FINALLY !!!! and have all the metal pieces primed and sanded .....It has been very slow going, but hopefully it will all be worth it....I gave up on some of my chrome latches, I'm looking atmaybe buying some new latches..Then there are two pieces that I think someone has for my light bars that are in much better shape than mine are, mine are too deeply pitted with rust, chroming them are way too expensive at this time.......Bagmaster has given me the fever to find and buy a Honda typeI or II system.....

So like I said riding season may or may not be just around the corner....What with all the personal medical problems my wife and I had this past year ..I'm looking forward to getting on the road as soon as possible, then the rest will come as it may...

Claude....

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
imported post

Yes ... I would like to make a trip to Southern Utah ...

Thought about that instead of the Yellowstone Trip last summer ... but decided to put if off. ThisSpring or next Fall may be the time ...

I wonder if I can make some of the Utah sites then stop off in Montrose on the way back to Arkansas in September? :baffled:

Bob

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

sandcastcb750 wrote:
Work is so slow, that I have more time next year.

Maybe Canada?
Good one!!!! Just like us saying maybe US :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

Monk wrote:
Yes ... I would like to make a trip to Southern Utah ...

Thought about that instead of the Yellowstone Trip last summer ... but decided to put if off. ThisSpring or next Fall may be the time ...

I wonder if I can make some of the Utah sites then stop off in Montrose on the way back to Arkansas in September? :baffled:

Bob
We did the North rim and the triangle a few years ago.. Unbelievable and so worth the trip Highly recommended!!!!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.