Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any wingers going to Arizona bike week? Seems to be mostly for Harley's. friends often asked me to ride along do I will make the trip. But where do I hang with real touring bikes? If anyone else going, my group going April 5-7 leaving Friday at 6a from Cerritos.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,341 Posts
A few 'Wings show up, but yeah it's considered a Harley affair by most. There are some nice rides to do, if you can stand the noise.

Hey, I have a question for the administrators. What is a troll?
Is Isaacoomber a troll?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I guess I will one of 3 wings there. I am interested in a couple of the vendors. Maybe they bring a mixed bag of goodies and pricing for all bikes!

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Check out Klock Werks Kustom Cycle
Brian and Laura Klock, from my neighborhood in Mitchell, SD.
Land Speed Record holders on fully faired and bagged bikes at Bonneville.
Laura and the Daughters are the only Mother/Daughter team to hold records in their class.
They were even over at Steve's Irish show not too long ago. They've been traveling the bike week circuit for a bunch of reasons, but the LSR stuff is a big thing for them in promoting Brians stuff; his windshield in particular.

The Klocks may be Harley, but they're good people. I think they've all done 200mph on salt.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Forgot to share a testimony from this trip. Soon as we crossed state line, lead bike (Harley ultra glide) encountered hi speed wobble. We were at about 100 mph. He lost control and went down. But, through the grace of God, he walked away with some minor road rash and a sprained ankle. Prayer works. Err body remember to get your prayers in before you ride!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Pretty lucky to survive with minor injuries from a 100 mph crash. Had an 2010 Road King up to 115 mph with out any problems except that it had run out of steam

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
Pretty much all "bike" events are for Harleys. Sturgis, Daytona, Laughlin, AZ bike week, all Harley events. I am also a PGR member, and around here, 90% of those ride Harleys.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Other than Wing Ding, are there ANY gold wing or import bike events? I live in Los Angeles area and would love to mingle with other wingers. Even access to vendors with show specials and willing to take my money for more bling!

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Other than Wing Ding, are there ANY gold wing or import bike events? I live in Los Angeles area and would love to mingle with other wingers. Even access to vendors with show specials and willing to take my money for more bling!
Eagles seldom soar with lessor birds of prey.

Chief

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.