Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkansas Crew goin' huntin'

3K views 41 replies 11 participants last post by  Cyote61 
#1 ·
imported post

The infamous"Arkansas Crew" (a stretch I admit) is planning on a huntin' trip on May 7 to look for the elusive "Rabbit" & the wiley, crafty "Cyote61". Reports have surfaced that they can be found up near Calico Rock & Norfork, AR lounging around & harassing poor unsuspecting town folk. We figure the least we can do is go help. Honestly, Rabbit is in the area & we're going to go have a visit with him & Louise. The plan is to meet the LR area folks at the Waffle House in Maumelle (exit 142) with a kickstand up at 7:45 am & then ride to meet up with DaveO430 in Clinton. From there we'll sneak through the twisty back roads on up to our virgin visit to the soon to be world famous "Cyote61 Den". Hope all in the area can make it. PM me with any questions.

#2 ·
imported post

I unfortunately won't be able to go, since my Grandkids and their parents will be arriving that day. Just found this out last night.:(:( Wish I could go Cyote huntin!:action:

Gene:byebye:

#3 ·
imported post

Sounds like fun.
If this is an open party I'll plan to be there, though I would ride in from the North East territory (MO.) LOL
Where you riding in from? I could maybe meet down about half way and ride back with ya'll.
You coming through Evening Shade, AR by any chance?

As long as your supplying the Rabbit and Coyote I'll try to bring an Opossum or Raccoon :ROFL:

Since I need to roll start in gear I get the parking spot on the hill if there is one, if not hopefully you don't mind pushing a little :shock:

#5 ·
imported post

Chromo would be easier for you to just meet at Tom's. Dave sounds good. Found out today the rains have caused a leak at home. Who knows what I'll find when I get home.

#6 ·
imported post

I would like tomeet up with you somewhere along the route ... Maybe Conway or Clinton?

I will just join in as you go by and pull up the rear as usual.

#7 ·
imported post

That's fine Bob, we're always glad when you join the parade. I'm really hoping the last rainstorm doesn't ruin my participation as my wife informed me last night we have a pretty good roof leak. Will know when I get home Friday.

#8 ·
imported post

lopeha wrote:
That's fine Bob, we're always glad when you join the parade. I'm really hoping the last rainstorm doesn't ruin my participation as my wife informed me last night we have a pretty good roof leak. Will know when I get home Friday.
Hope its not bad Andy. Will call you either Wed or Thursday. Is the drought over yet? We've only gotten 19 inches of rain in the last eight days.:X

#9 ·
imported post

I hope so Tom! Talked to the wife tonight & found it was 1 shingle gone that was allowing the water in. AspectOne helped my wife fix that today so to get my "kitchen pass" validated I'll have to do a drywall ceiling patch on Friday but that should be able to get done. I'll send you a PM in a bit.

#10 ·
imported post

Watch your fingers, I have heard that some of those elusive Cyotes can be kinda rabid at times! Offer them a beer as peace offering and they tame right up. :tongue::cheesygrin:

#11 ·
imported post

Nah a martini works best with this particular Cyote.

#12 ·
imported post

lopeha wrote:
Ya, that's kinda what I thought also.
Something nice by Dean Martini :blackstuff:

When the moon hit's your eye like a big pizza a pie that's amorea
Or
Everybody loves somebody sometimes

And of course if we watch a few old movies, Dean Martini and Jerry Lewis in The CADDY.
Pops, "So wadda you gonna make alla dat money fore" ?
Jerry, "For hitta da itty bitty ball wida greata bigga stick"!

And how could we ever forget Dean Martini and the Gold Wingers show!
Er.. OKay, maybe that was Gold Diggers, but at 30K+ for a bike, is there really any difference? :?

No disrespect meant to Dean Martian as I enjoyed his songs, movies, and shows, my own self.

#14 ·
imported post

AspectTwo wrote:
:ROFL:I miss you Chromo! Maybe I'll get to see ya' Saturday, yes? :?
:ssshh: Aspectone might hear you :ROFL:

I hope to see you both Saturday. The more the merrier they say, but I say better speed for gear jumping starts :cheesygrin:

I love my 1500, she sat 3 days during hard rains, today backed up the little hill in reverse and started on third try.

First try she almost started, but I was not quick enough on clutch and throttle, 2nd try the rear wheel slid in loose stones and wet dirt, 3rd try perfect. Fired up easy everytime after that.

Hey, I tried to call ya'll by the way now that I think of it. Hows Chris doing after the tumble?
After I got back with the 1500 I tried to call again to see how ya'll were doing and if the nasty storm stuff was around there too close?

Tell Chris to look for a pm I am about to send.

#18 ·
imported post

lopeha wrote:
The plan is to meet the LR area folks at the Waffle House in Maumelle (exit 142) with a kickstand up at 7:45 am
I will plan on being in Clinton around 8:30 a.m. at the Exxon Station. Hit your horn on the way by and I will fall in line at the rear.

#19 ·
imported post

lopeha wrote:
Yes Andy, the best bait for a cyote is a martini! But do not, I repeat do not use cheap gin or you ain't gonna catch a cyote. And try and put three giant queen olives in with it, or it may be passed up. :ROFL: I'm sure you've heard that cyotes are wile, and you can't trick us with cheap ingredients. :cheesygrin:

#20 ·
imported post

Hey Bob, Chromoand all, last time we talked to Andy time was adjusted to kickstands up @ 9:00 AM at the Aweful Waffle in Maumelle/Morgan. Please adjust your time for meet up accordingly.

Dave, hope Steph can make it too! :lash:Tryin' to make sure A1 has the bike ready to go...looking forward to my first ride on the "new" bike! ;)

#22 ·
imported post

AspectTwo wrote:
Hey Bob, Chromoand all, last time we talked to Andy time was adjusted to kickstands up @ 9:00 AM at the Aweful Waffle in Maumelle/Morgan. Please adjust your time for meet up accordingly.

Dave, hope Steph can make it too! :lash:Tryin' to make sure A1 has the bike ready to go...looking forward to my first ride on the "new" bike! ;)
Okay, could someone post the planned route.

I will probably get out earlier than that, if so I could pick up your route at some point , and ride it South untilwe meetup.

#23 ·
imported post

Bob, will send you a PM later tonight after I talk to Dave to finalize the route. Last night we talked about going up Hwy 25 from Conway the back way into Clinton. Then do our Shirley, Timbo, Push Mountain run. Will let you know by 8:30 tonight, Andy.

#24 ·
imported post

Thanks for the PM Andy. If there are any more adjustments in the route, let me know.

Later

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.