Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Us Arkies will be having another maintenance day on August 13th. My new to me 1500 will be the main benefactor of DaveO430's & GLester's expertise. Will have room & time for any other projects or just come over to bench race & supervise. If you don't know where I live a PM will fix that.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

I will try again to make this one.

I'm tearing into my 1500 now to replace the broke throttle cable, and I guess pull the engine also to replace the broke starter idler gear.
Hopefully I'll have it back together in time, if not maybe ride the 1100 down?

Gotta love Tupperware, got 4 chunks off today LOL

I have not had time to work on it much. Had to move a fallen exterior roof to get shop door open and a car out.

Bike lifts are so versatile! I got one of those fork type lifts last weekend that slide under the bikes. Only used it once so far and that was to jack the roof back up into place out front LOL

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

I guess as much as I was wanting to make it to this one I won't after all.

Wife has plans for Branson, MO for us and one of her freinds for Saturday now.

I was looking forward to being there, especially since the 1500 was to be worked on and I am not doing well with mine so hoped to pick up some pointers and tips.

Not to mention I just got to get out and ride, I am going stir crazy being too close to home all the time! I need to go somewhere, and Branson does not count as anywhere for me LOL

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Hoping the weather holds out tomorrow. Just replaced my sheepskin buttpad, don't want it wet.:shock:

Gene:action:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I will refrain from snide remarks Gene. At least until after the work on the 1500 is done. All the parts are here & the 1500 is a ready & willing patient.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

So, what are you planning for your 1500 anyway?

Finally got my throttle cable fixed and back on mine, starter gear has to wait. After the ordeal with cable I figure if I pull engine on my own it won't be back together for ES7!

Push start till done for year then 3-4 months down time and maybe I can get that done LOL

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Got the tires mounted last weekend so will remount them after we replace the brake pads (front & rear), brake & clutch lines with HEL Stainless steel, replace the air filters, install belly pan & if time will use the plans 96Aspencade sent me to build a hitch. Not that much really. Real glad that DaveO430 & GLester will be there to help/supervise/advise.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

·
Just me.
2,746 Posts
imported post

Supposed to go to Bebee tomorrow to check out a truck. Gonna be close, might stop by.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Stop on by, PM me for directions.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

lopeha wrote:
Got the tires mounted last weekend so will remount them after we replace the brake pads (front & rear), brake & clutch lines with HEL Stainless steel, replace the air filters, install belly pan & if time will use the plans 96Aspencade sent me to build a hitch. Not that much really. Real glad that DaveO430 & GLester will be there to help/supervise/advise.
Wish I could be there to help out, and learn.
Have some same things to do to mine before long. Never mounted my Taxi tire yet on rear, and when the other things are done plan to buy those brake lines from you for my 1500 also.

Now that I FINALLY got my throttle cable fixed maybe I'll do my taxi tire next unless I just ride on the E3 awhile. Good tire still, just wanted to go darkside and those long trips I did not make this year.

Got her back together Thursday night, went for short ride and she smelled gassy. Could not find why, now she does not smell gassy anymore and fine yesterday. Running good.

Cruise worked good after I got her together, about 10 miles from home on short ride last night cruise won't set for speed now. Turns on and off acording to light on dash, but won't set the speed and that light does not come on. Don't know if it might be vacuum or electrical?

We got a hard storm for awhile last night here, I figured if still storming this morning no sense going to an amusement park so maybe I could put up the lighting rods and make the ride down there. No luck, no rain LOL

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Waiting for the T-storms to pass before I head up that way. have some things in the trunk of the bike for the White Knight. (See, I've already gave your bike a name.):waving:

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Was a great day! Got several things done on the 1500; new boot & fluid for rear shock, pulled & painted the exhaust shields, installed new lower louvers with DaveO430 & GLester doing some bodywork on the left lower, removed the floorboards. Had planned on putting on stainless brake & clutch lines however they hadn't arrived yet. They showed up in the mail this afternoon. Still have to put in new air filters, brake pads, oil & coolant change. Lots of fun left to do.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

GLester wrote:
Waiting for the T-storms to pass before I head up that way. have some things in the trunk of the bike for the White Knight. (See, I've already gave your bike a name.):waving:

Holly Crap, It's the White Knight!
Me thinks someone has watched WILD HOGS one to many times perhaps LOL

On way to Branson yesterday, or way home today, I often stopped to wait for wife and her friend to catch up to me, they were in a cage and me on 1500.
Several times I started to just call on cell phone and blurt out, WILD HOGS!

Now being I actually like that movie and probably wife would be fine with such a call, I think this perhaps was wrong time of month to do such a thing, you know what I mean!
Being both are a bit chunky or more anyway! LOL

I think it was maybe wrong time of month for the 3 of us to stay together in hotel in one room. It was enough to just get stuck in cage a bit with them when we got to Branson going over to Silver Dollar City, then all day walking around, then out to eat last night.
YIKES, I went to bed EARLY and the heck with the Midnight car cruise! I slept through that!

The gals talking about gee we must be getting older, used to could tromp around better all day.
I'm silently thinking, old is not the problem here LOL
Maybe just bad timing! LOL

Believe me when I say, "I WOULD RATHER HAVE BEEN WORKING ON A WING THIS WEEKEND" !!

Though I did have a nice 150 mile ride there yesterday, and 150 mile back today.
Then again I could have done more miles total in one day just getting down there with you all and back home!

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

lopeha wrote:
Was a great day! Got several things done on the 1500; new boot & fluid for rear shock, pulled & painted the exhaust shields, installed new lower louvers with DaveO430 & GLester doing some bodywork on the left lower, removed the floorboards. Had planned on putting on stainless brake & clutch lines however they hadn't arrived yet. They showed up in the mail this afternoon. Still have to put in new air filters, brake pads, oil & coolant change. Lots of fun left to do.
More FUN to do? Please, let me know 1-2 weeks early I think I will grab a hotel nearby and just wait next time! LOL

I wanted to be there last time, and more this time, and after this weekend BOY do I wish I had been there LOL
I did have a kinda nice time, but I wish I had been there. Not wish you were here LOL,
Know what I mean! LOL

Actually if ya'll could have rode up and met me in Branson it would have be fun and nice, but that's a bit far for lunch I know. It would have got me away from the crazy ladies for awhile though LOL

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Double Post?

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Well the rest of what I plan to do will be as time allows between work & honey-do's. Will pull the fairing for better access to the brake & clutch line fittings. Just won all the stuff to get the reverse working on this '93 Interstate for $20.48 off eBay. Plan to break out the dieelectric grease & do some electrical connection maintenance since everything is easy to get to. No timeframe to get it done so figure should do it right.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

I thought maybe you were getting this one ready for ES7 in a couple weeks.

Say, when looking at junk in the shops at Silver Dollar City Saturday wife kept asking if I wanted things for my birthday, I didn't there.
Then she asked "Well what do you want"?
First answer I gave of course was " Another Wing" LOL

As Fly would say, "Well, you know" LOL

When you get time, PM me a price for all the brake lines for an 88 1500. I'll run those by her. I know I won't be getting another Wing. LOL
Birthday is 24th.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
imported post

Wow, I can't believe I missed it!! Sounds like you got some good things done. Hope you have another maintenance day soon. I would like to see your new ride!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.