Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Just me.
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Calling all Arkies, and whoever wants to come. It's that time of year again, time to tie on our holiday feedbag. :merrysanta:
Taking in to consideration that Lopeha usually pulls out on Sunday, we will meet on a Saturday. December 1st, 8th and 15th have been suggested, but I think the 1st is too close to thanksgiving, and the 15th would be pushing Christmas, it looks like the 8th would be the best day.
I'm thinking around 2ish, at Browns country buffet, home of the 100 foot buffet.
Lets hear what y'all think, date, time etc. And do we want to have a gift exchange again this year.:merrysanta:
RSVP and see how many can make it, and I'll see if we can get a private room.

·
Administrator
27,936 Posts
The 8th is good with us.
I like the idea of a gift exchange like we did last year, draw numbers and pick your gift. Nothing expensive, just something anyone can use.

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Works for me, although 1'ish would be a bit better.

·
Administrator
27,936 Posts
Works for me, although 1'ish would be a bit better.
A quote post just for Andy. :)

Yes 1 PM would probably be a better time for some who travel a ways to get there so they can get home by dark30.

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Gee Thanks Dave! Hope you guys had a good ride today!

·
Just me.
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alrightythen, 1pm sounds like a plan. When I get more response, I will contact Brown's about a room, or at least set aside a section of tables.
Their website said a 25 person minimum for a room.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
I'll probably make it there.
Depends mostly on the weather. I'll ride but not worried about cold, just no snow or ice!
Heck last year on way home I hit 19F LOL

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
:waving: I didn't make it last year but wanted to come and meet you guys. I may drive the truck that day, I have no real winter riding gear, but would like to come. One sounds great to me and would be in on gift thingie as well. I just need to know procedure etc. Looking forward to the first.

·
Just me.
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Be glad to have you Dodge. stay tuned for further updates on gift exchange. I believe last year it was 5 or 10 dollar limit, memoty not so good.

·
Administrator
27,936 Posts
I don't remember for sure but I think it was a $10 limit. Girls bring a girl gift and men bring a man gift.

·
Just me.
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think a 10 dollar limit is good, hell you can't get anything for 5 bucks anymore. Girls bring a girls gift, guys a guys, and like last year we will draw numbers and grab a gift. Just remember to mark your gift girl or guy!
I am hoping we get more people then what we have right now, those that don't come, don't know what they are missing, they have great fried chicken and several types of fish, just about anything you would want. Not to mention the great company. LOL !!!

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
$ 10.00 ok by me

Ten dollars sounds ok, can't get much for that but it's the thought right? Looking forward to get togtether.

·
Administrator
27,936 Posts
I got a pretty cool gift today for $10 at tractor supply.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
Hope to be able to make it again this year ... :waving:

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Arkansas group holiday get-to-gether

Hey, folks! If you are talking about Browns in Benton, that is the same day as the GWRRA District Toy Run and the District Party there.
That would be great to see everyone at that time. Kind of like a twofer.:claps::):15red:

Here is what I was sent. Copied from the Chapter H Newsletter.

Toy Run to Arkansas Children's Hospital
December 8, 2012
Starts at Burns Park Pavilion #10
Meet there at 9:30 a.m.
Leave at 10:30 a.m.
Donuts and coffee at park

Christmas party at Brown's in Benton starting at 1:30 p.m.

Hope to see everyone. Participate if you can. Remember, it's for the kids.
Merry Christmas and don't forget Jesus. The reason we celebrate.

noeleo

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
Have fun y'all! Me and my BIL are leaving the 8th and riding down,pulling my trailer to the Ozark area to tent camp for two weeks.Hope the weather is decent to ride everyday for us and y'all too.If y'all see a GREEN 1500SE pulling a bright Yellow fiberglass trailer,give a shout!

·
Administrator
27,936 Posts
Hey, folks! If you are talking about Browns in Benton, that is the same day as the GWRRA District Toy Run and the District Party there.
That would be great to see everyone at that time. Kind of like a twofer.:claps::):15red:

Here is what I was sent. Copied from the Chapter H Newsletter.

Toy Run to Arkansas Children's Hospital
December 8, 2012
Starts at Burns Park Pavilion #10
Meet there at 9:30 a.m.
Leave at 10:30 a.m.
Donuts and coffee at park

Christmas party at Brown's in Benton starting at 1:30 p.m.

Hope to see everyone. Participate if you can. Remember, it's for the kids.
Merry Christmas and don't forget Jesus. The reason we celebrate.

noeleo
They were there last year, started coming in just as we were leaving.

·
Old School Guru
7,889 Posts
Sounds fine to me it being on the 8th. I'll let the wife know someday before we go to Browns.... Ha, ha.:raspberry:
Gene:waving:

·
Just me.
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The 8th at 1pm at Brown's. What was it they used to say,,,Be there, or be square.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.