Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:praying:i have trying to find a passenger arm rest built in cup holder for my wife when she rides with me. i have seen them on other bikes and wonder if they can be a replacement for the one,only need one, that i already have.welcome any options or places to look for one. thanks in advance

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

I doubt you will buy one on it's own. Kuryakyn make a nice set with a fold away cup holder. Alternatively you can buy add on cup holders for your arm rests. I think Butler make them.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

Save your money and get the 'Butler cup' they are the only cup holders that work the way the rest of them should.

I have been through almost all of them, and the Butler Cups are great, plus their customer service is outstanding too.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

I have the Kuryakyn armrests. The problem with them is that unless your passenger keeps his or her hand on the drink bottle/cup, going over a bump will see it fly out of the holder.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
imported post

After searching and not really liking anything I found (plus they are outrageous on the pricing), I went to my local bicycle shop and purchased one of these for $10.

http://andyjordans.com/product/giant-5mm-aluminum-cage-55811-1.htm

I am making a bracket (metal cost $10) to attach to the armrest under the pad. I will post pics when I get it done.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
imported post

Snorebaby wrote:
After searching and not really liking anything I found (plus they are outrageous on the pricing), I went to my local bicycle shop and purchased one of these for $10. 

I am making a bracket (metal cost $10) to attach to the armrest under the pad.  I will post pics when I get it done.
Just wondering if you have this project completed? Would love to see some pics of your passenger cup mount.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

Snorebaby wrote:

I am making a bracket (metal cost $10) to attach to the armrest under the pad. I will post pics when I get it done.
LOL, these are the some ones I had on my 110O and the same one's I just installed on the 1200.

They hold the drinks securely. look good, and if something happens, they're cheap and easy to replace.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
imported post

Here is the end result. I am gonna redo the metal that the holder is mounted onto. This was actually a "quick" fix and I just haven't gotten around to doing it the way I want yet.

I like the holder itself...you can make minor adjustments to fit the size bottle by bending the holder to fit. The reason it sits so much lower than the armrest is that it was intended for the taller Smart Water bottles. The top of those fit just under the top of the armrest.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
imported post

HiltnerMD wrote:
Thanks for sharing with us (Newbies)!
No problem...that's what this site is all about:applause:

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

Although designed for the 1800, these works great on the 1500 too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.