Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well, I really pulled a bone head play today. Had a beautiful weekend. The better looking of the two of us and I took off and had a great ride on Saturday and Sunday. Put on over 300 miles and had a great time. Put the bike to bed around 8:30PM and was going to ride it to work in the morning. Got up, quietly backed the bike out of the garage, closed the garage door and reached over and pushed the starter button. NOTHING Lights dimmed but the starter didn't click, groan or do anything. Tried a couple of times and then drove the cage to work. The whole day I was running the procedures through my head on how to trouble shoot the starter and relay etc. Well, on the way home it dawned on me that I hadn't pulled in the clutch but I was fairly sure it was in Neutral. I always park it in neutral. Got home put the key in and sure enough the neutral light was off and the bike seemed to be in 2nd gear. I know I wasn't in 2nd when I put it in the garage but I must have bumped it or something because it wasn't in neutral. Long story short (too late) put it in neutral and she cranked right up. What an idiot, but on the bright side I don't have to fix anything and I can ride tonight. Always check to see if it is in gear if in doubt, pull in the cletch. Ride safe. Randy

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Been there done that got the dooooh (while looking around to make sure I was alone) to prove it:grinner:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

:baffled::baffled::baffled::baffled::baffled::baffled::baffled::baffled::baffled::baffled::baffled::baffled::baffled::baffled::clapper:!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

We all do something smart like that once in a while!! :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

stretrod48 wrote:
We all do something smart like that once in a while!! :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:
I envy "RedWing" he only has to pick up a 50cc!:clapper:

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

My wife asked me what was wrong with the wing and I couldn't come up with a plausable excuse fast enough. I tried telling the truth. I don't think I am going to hear the end of this for awhile. Oh well, I can laugh at myself and if it puts a smile on some faces then that is great. At least it didn't cost me anything

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

My wife asked me what was wrong with the wing and I couldn't come up with a plausable excuse fast enough. I tried telling the truth. I don't think I am going to hear the end of this for awhile. Oh well, I can laugh at myself and if it puts a smile on some faces then that is great. At least it didn't cost me anything

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I don't know what happened.

Only hit send once. Well at least I think I hit it only once. After this morning's mess I am not sure now.

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

We all do something smart like that once in a while!!! :jumper: :jumper: :jumper: :jumper: :jumper: :jumper:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

hockeydad33 wrote:

Only hit send once. Well at least I think I hit it only once. After this morning's mess I am not sure now.
If you had only put it in neutral twice!:action::gunhead::goofygrin::grinner:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

hockeydad33 wrote:
My wife asked me what was wrong with the wing and I couldn't come up with a plausable excuse fast enough. I tried telling the truth.
It's inexcusable that you didn't have a good phony excuse prepared beforehand. I have a nice selection of them I can recite at a split second's notice. Essaying the truth to one's spouse about a mechanical matter is not to be done. It causes a loss of faith in your infallibility. This will mutate into doubt that other things you've said over the years were true. Pretty soon she will no longer believe that you are a strong, knowledgeable male idol and you will be reduced to washing dishes and sweeping floors, a real embarrassment to the rest of us who've kept our mystique intact.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
hockeydad33 wrote:
My wife asked me what was wrong with the wing and I couldn't come up with a plausable excuse fast enough. I tried telling the truth.
It's inexcusable that you didn't have a good phony excuse prepared beforehand. I have a nice selection of them I can recite at a split second's notice. Essaying the truth to one's spouse about a mechanical matter is not to be done. It causes a loss of faith in your infallibility. This will mutate into doubt that other things you've said over the years were true. Pretty soon she will no longer believe that you are a strong, knowledgeable male idol and you will be reduced to washing dishes and sweeping floors, a real embarrassment to the rest of us who've kept our mystique intact.
Here here Exavid, all Hockeydad needed to do was ask on here and 100 sympathetic guys would have dreamt up all manner of lame excuses to choose from. Bad form Hockeydad, have those faulty piffle valves, dicky snurdlewaps and bad earths to the scrinsendubries, memorised for next time man!!:goofygrin:

Pete

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
exavid wrote:
hockeydad33 wrote:
Here here Exavid, all Hockeydad needed to do was ask on here and 100 sympathetic guys would have dreamt up all manner of lame excuses to choose from. Bad form Hockeydad, have those faulty piffle valves, dicky snurdlewaps and bad earths to the scrinsendubries, memorised for next time man!!:goofygrin:

Pete
Oh yeah Foxy - and just how many of us 'gullible' gals do you think you fool for how much of the time then :stumped::doh::doh:

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
imported post

When I doubt I always tell them that the Dilithium Crystals have become disimbuberated.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.