Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I’ve always tried to ride sensible, and get the best mileage I can. You know, like when gas was over $4 per gallon. Now that it’s under $2 here, I have found myself not even thinking about gas mileage, but about rolling on the throttle and driving it like I stole it. Oh yeah, and I’m having a lot of fun too!!! :cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
imported post

Keystone742 wrote:
I’ve always tried to ride sensible, and get the best mileage I can. You know, like when gas was over $4 per gallon. Now that it’s under $2 here, I have found myself not even thinking about gas mileage, but about rolling on the throttle and driving it like I stole it. Oh yeah, and I’m having a lot of fun too!!! :cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:
ME TOO!!!:D:D:D Lee

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
imported post

Ditto here. Couldn't resist getting on the throttle a little harder than normal yesterday. It was after all a pretty nice day for North Dakota this time of year and gas prices let me throw caution to the wind so found myself pushing near the triple digits several times.

Today: rainy - arrgh
Tomorrow: possible snow - double arrgh

Sure glad I did yesterday.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
imported post

Ditto. I 'floored' my 83 the other day and could literally watch my gas gauge drop. Turns out the gauge is reading wrong, I'm still getting about 35mpg around town.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
imported post

That's the best part about riding a Wing, because you can have a heavy wrist and still get better gas mileage than most cars out there!

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
imported post

GoldWingPastor wrote:
That's the best part about riding a Wing, because you can have a heavy wrist and still get better gas mileage than most cars out there!
That why I love my 1989 Caddy Convertible, ( GL 1500 ) 6cyl motor car engine in a Motorcycle. Its feel like V8, but with 4Cylinder engine, on gas!!! :D:D:DLee

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
imported post

Neither rain nor shine, not high gas prices keep this child from ridin' like I stole it! Do the math and you will see twisting the throttle a little loses you about 1 or 2 bucks a tank. I say the grin factor (and passing cages & Harleys:action: is worth it!). Now where is that supercharger I was going to install....

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
imported post

Passing Harleys because of cheap gas??? I don't need cheap gas as a reason to pass them. I thought that God put them on the road for the pure purpose of humiliating them on the twisties.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
imported post

wildweasel7648 wrote:
Neither rain nor shine, not high gas prices keep this child from ridin' like I stole it! Do the math and you will see twisting the throttle a little loses you about 1 or 2 bucks a tank. I say the grin factor (and passing cages & Harleys:action: is worth it!). Now where is that supercharger I was going to install....
I remember when, I could get 4-1]2 gallons for a buck! Lee :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.