Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

OK,

Following on from interstate to SE conversion I believe the way to go is to take the wiring from the LCD back to the radio. This poses another problem.

On thefront undersideof the radio (where connections are made) are 4 separate blocks for plugging in various parts of the loom.

The main one has been connected. To the right of this are 2 4 terminal blocks then a further 6 terminal block (this collection may well be for one 14 pin connector). Above this is a further 6 wire block which has a block plugged in (predominantly green & blue wires).

On the instrument panel there are 2 blocks of wires. One black and one white. The white one has been pretty much fully connected during the hashed rewire. The black block has only the yellow/black and brown/white connected so I'm assuming this is the one I need to be concentrating on.

Haynes', in their infinite wisdom, diagram is about as useful (and relevant) as petrol in a C5 (OK maybe a wrong choice of vehicle chosen).

Is there anybody out there who can help either with a proper wiring diagram or with assistance on the best way to link the radio/LCD

Thanks All

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

I've already sent you a PM about this. Just got your e-mail address and I will send on proper wiring diagrams in a day or two.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Jason,

I'm hoping to be able to take her up to the NEC next week with my brother on the back (about the same weight as my wife and luggage) to make sure she behaves properly.

Also after a set of rear gas shocks if anybody knows of any.

Steve

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Hi Jason,

Any joy with diagram?

After a few phone calls was pointed in the direction of Fowlers. Not usually the most helpful of sorts but as a recommendation from a guy who had spent 3 months working with them on a project they were quite obliging.

The Genuine Honda workshop manual shows the pins and what each one is numbered/coloured and where it should go.

Unfortunately they only had a GL1800 manual and the GL1500 one appears to have been borrowed.

Do you have the genuine manual or would you know of anybody who has?

Bike is now back together and awaiting this finishing touch.

Thanks

Steve:clapper:

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

Steve, I've just two more scans to do from the 1500 manual. Might get them done before I head for the pub later. You can expect them all by tomorrow at the latest.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks Jason,

You're a star.

Are these from the genuine manual? Would you know where I could get one.

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

Steve, I've just mailed the 5 pages from the genuine Honda manual, I hope these help. I mailed them to the address in your profile.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

It's definitely sent. Perhaps your spam filter stopped it. I'll send it again withing a few minutes of posting this. I'm off to bed early as I've got a tummy ache now so I didn't go to the pub, so I won't see any replies until tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

Well did ya get them yet Steve. Let me know if you need the base diagram as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.