Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased another wing after 3 yrs of not riding and I made a mistake in not checking the bike out for ride ability before purchasing it had it delivered to my home, there in lies the problem the person I bought it from installed a very shaky after market heel toe shifter foot board set up and I can not use it so upon taking it off and finally having the OEM parts arrive to replace it I am faced with no idea how to re-install the shifter assembly anyone help me with this please :frown2:

·
Administrator
25,379 Posts
:welc: First of all it would help if we knew what wing you have. Please fill out your profile.

·
Administrator
22,201 Posts
:welc:

Hi Sarge. It really is a good thing to fill in that profile with your city, state and bike info. Someone with experience working on your bike may live near by.

Also, it's friendlier to introduce yourself with some details. You know, the "Hi, I'm Joe from Kokomo" thing.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Welcome Aboard, , ,now lets get that shifter fixed!!!

You state that the OEM parts arrived, , , what parts did you order, , and from where?? Take a look at any of the "parts houses" micro-fiches to get a general idea of what parts you'll need and how they go together. Partzilla, Babbits, and a few others will show the illustrations of your year/model.

·
Premium Member
62,893 Posts
Hallo sarge1952

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok soon as I figure out how to upload a picture to here today I will post a pic of what I ordered and received . So looking at the reply from pwhoever I have to dismantle the left side of the bike ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello fellow wingers

Greetings and thank you for allowing me to be part of this forum, I only have like 4 yrs on a wing that was three years ago before my ex sold it out from under me. My new wing is a 1992 1500 aspencade that needs a little TLC I got this and more. I am 66 yrs young retired and still doing my 40 hr week lol, I live in Columbus Ohio and am anxious to get back on my wing and glide.

·
Pwhoever
3,098 Posts
I dont think you will end up having to dismantle much. I just posted that because it has lots of pics of the stock shifter being removed and reinstalled. A lot depends on how your heel toe shifter is attached. If you can remove it easily without taking too much off, the easier it will be. The main thing is to get the linkage removed from the shifter rod along with the floorboard so that the stock foot peg can be attached and the stock shifter can be installed onto the shifter rod.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts