Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ridding my 97 SE today I noticed that between 2800 to 3200 RPM just before shifting this bike has a realy nice sound (like music) the exhaust sounds great and the hole bike is to is best,

Are you just like me and at what condition does your bike is at its best ???

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Sounds the best between 900 and 5000 RPMs

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
love sound just before redline

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
That thousand or 1,500 RPM just below redline is an INCREDIBLE place for either the flat-4 or the flat-6 engines.

All the Goldwings develop some incredible HP and Torque there, and pull like a freight train.

On the 6s it's even smoother and feels "Turbine-like".

I suspect that too many people never get their GL past 3,500 RPM unless they're in 5th gear, and don't know what they're missing.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Holly smoke I never expected that kind of answer seriously.. wow i rarely go over 4k one day I got to go ticklle the red line...

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Holly smoke I never expected that kind of answer seriously.. wow i rarely go over 4k one day I got to go ticklle the red line...

Hint: 2nd and 3rd gear are REALLY FUN between 4k and 5.5k (redline) on a GL-1500.

It's as if you're controlling power with a big rheostat.

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
I like shifting around 3500...well into the power band there...sounds great...gotta love that exquisitely designed 6 cyl motor.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
I like the 5.5k+ region in 5th gear best, who cares what it sounds like?

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
I like the 5.5k+ region in 5th gear best, who cares what it sounds like?

Yippee yi yaaaay!!!! That'd be fast enough that you really shouldn't be hearing much of it anyway.

;)

·
650 Posts
mine sounds the best as soon as i let go of the starter button!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
They absolutely do sound great heading up to the redline.
You really feel the power coming on around 3500 and it just sounds so sweet, then you have to shift again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.