Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
After many years of riding with ATF I went away from using it.
Replacing it with 'proper' 20w fork oil.
Front end damping is vastly improved making a better ride, why I stuck with ATf for all those years I'll never know................oh yeh HONDA says :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
HA. Honda went back to stem ball bearings on the 1800 @ they must know what their doing ~:<)

Closing down their motorcycle plant in Ohio since 1980 in 2010, is another interesting story.

That Giant Sucking Sound Ross Perot 1992 is in full effect.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rear shocks

Hi r we talking about the rear shocks or front shocks my question was for the rear shocks and how much ATF each shock will hold? Has anyone ever used power steering fluid as it seems to have the same consistency as ATF..

·
Administrator
24,834 Posts
Hi r we talking about the rear shocks or front shocks my question was for the rear shocks and how much ATF each shock will hold? Has anyone ever used power steering fluid as it seems to have the same consistency as ATF..
I have used AW32 hydraulic oil. ATF & PSF are pretty much the same thing with ATF having additives for the clutches. Pretty much all car manufacturers used to use ATF in the power steering, until they figured out they could make more money by packaging it as PSF in smaller bottles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.