Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to tell you of my experience with the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forum. I joined the forum about 2 years ago when I bought a 1980 GL1100. The bike was in dire need of repair and restoration. I found valuable information on the forum that resulted in a successful restoration.

While searching for information on the forum, I discovered that NASSIR 5 would be held in Eureka Springs, AR in July of 2012. I thought this sounded fun, but was unsure of attending. My bike was old, I wasn't sure if it would make it to Eureka Springs and back to Kansas City, and I really only new some of the people by posting on the forum.

After some thought, my wife and I decided to take the chance. We made sure our insurance roadside assistance would cover towing to the nearest U-Haul facility, and off we went to Eureka Springs. That trip changed my outlook on the bike and what it means to belong to this forum. Not only did we enjoy the ride, hot as it was, we met so many wonderful people that we now consider family. Members have opened their homes to us, and we have opened our home to others. And, we have gone on some incredible rides with the world famous Wild Rhinos and have made even more friends.

We have discovered that getting out, going on rides, and meeting other forum members has completed the experience and spirit of the forum. If you are shy or unsure of attending forum events, I encourage you to give it a try. You are guaranteed a warm welcome. If you are unsure if your bike can make the trip, there are always members with tools and trailers that I have seen travel hundreds of miles to assist fellow Goldwingers.

The short story is that I encourage you to check the events forum because there is sure to be events in your area where you can meet and ride with fellow forum members. I also encourage you to attend NASSIR 7 in 2014 if possible. You will not find a better group of people than those on this forum.

I am going to post some pictures and videos of events we have attended. I would also ask other forum members to post pictures, videos, and stories of events they have attended as encouragement to new forum members and members who have not attended events.

Hope to see you soon,

Michael Coleman

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Premium Member
12,869 Posts
I agree with the great atmoshpere found at a meet n greet . We went to the very first NASSIR an Calhoun Ga and were fortunate to be able to make the trip to NASSIR 6 in Simcoe Ontario . You will not find any better folks . I already have made plans to attend NASSIR 7 . Just 11 months to get ready .;)

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Street performance Event Fun Tree Costume

Facial hair Beard Hair Moustache T-shirt

Waterway Vehicle Mode of transport Canal Transport

Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycling Traffic

Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Auto part Traffic

Yellow Vehicle Crowd Team Building

Dont worry, what happens at events does not stay at the event it gets posted on the forum:ROFL:

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i know someone will comment on this, i have no comment

·
Large Member
788 Posts
umm an apple a day.....

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
i am waiting for some of the rhinos to chime in on the moonshine

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.