Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Instead of being "aggressive" about fixing your screw-ups once the horse is out of the gate, why not try being "aggressive" about using a better system in the first place?

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/verticalscope-hack/

I'm against the homogenization of the motorcycle industry as it is, and Vertical Scope is way up near the top of my list of offenders. VS and Bonnier Group might be following some sort of "business model" in their eyes, but from my seat in the bleachers all you're doing is acting like vultures (and inept ones at that).

The article fails to mention that the breach was suspected from a third party plugin. This breach is on countless sites across the internet and not just limited to ours.

We cleared our part of the breach and went this route to further security. This is also in place as many members on the internet use the same or similar passwords across all things they use.

We cannot go into detail at the moment as it is being dealt with on a legal and law enforcement level.

So what am I supposed to do if I was originally registered with a now non existent email address? Wasn't sent a temporary password of course. System doesn't recognize my current one of course. Can't do squat here.
You can PM us directly and we can look into updating your accounts email address to your current one to get you back up and running.

Fire me off a PM and i'll look into it.

Yes, it was poorly done.
It should have allowed us to log in, then make sure our email address is updated FIRST and then have us change our password AFTER we have logged in.

that way, no problems would have ever occurred for us.
Thanks for your feedback. We are making changes to how the system notifies members and rolls out the passwords. I apologise for the issues you've been dealing with on this and hope we can work together to sort it all out.

Thanks,
- JB

·
Magic Moderator
4,213 Posts
I'm at a loss here, do have to change my password again? I just did the fancy one with the capital letter, number and special symbol.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
As Trike Lady/Valerie can confirm, being a Goldwing Owners Forum moderator, we've got a new variation of what happened here. Now a text box comes up telling of the need for changes and what to do and guess what? It locks up the screen! Can't close the text box by hitting the upper right-hand "X", so you can't do anything but close the screen and start all over again, which leads you right back to the same stuck situation. Well, at least it's a different Catch-22!:wink2:

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
wingmin;4714257 You can PM us directly and we can look into updating your accounts email address to your current one to get you back up and running. Fire me off a PM and i'll look into it. Thanks for your feedback. We are making changes to how the system notifies members and rolls out the passwords. I apologise for the issues you've been dealing with on this and hope we can work together to sort it all out. Thanks said:
Thanks, John took care of me. Username is now roundknob instead of knob but that's my fault. I'm starting from scratch against but things could be worse.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
I finally got back in after almost a month of begging thru E-mail to get my password reset! I was p*ssed! And even worse , I almost bought A cheap Chinese starer solenoid because mine Melted, and I could not find another site with the wiring for a ford one.
Just as I was about to give up and buy it, I got back into the site. I am very dissapoint. At least now I have Access to the important posts to keep my wing running.

·
Administrator
57,438 Posts
Dwight58
I wish you had just viewed any of the forum threads as a guest, you would have seen my announcement to call me.
I post my phone number in plain view.
I have been able to get a lot of folks back on within 10 minutes of them calling me.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.