Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I looked and did not see anything about auction. How much did it total bring in? And where did the money go?

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
imported post

I heard some figures but will defer to Flyone to announce the totals & where the moneys raised will go as his last official act as Lead Host of the event. Hard to say that as he will immediately pass the credit on to his fellow Rhino's who went above & beyond the call of duty to make NASSIR5 an event that will be remembered for a very long time.

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
imported post

The official total is $3,705! :claps::claps::claps:

The preliminary number announced was $3,767 but Rhinos determined that they run out of fingers and toes (even though they have 12) and couldn't count that high!
:shock::ROFL:

Thanks to everybody for participating, this family is awesome!!! :claps::claps::claps:

Money will be distributed to Rudy and Dave0430 as per the members vote before the auction.

·
Bringer of Shenanigans
1,031 Posts
imported post

Who/what is the recipient of the funds?

That's a very nice total. Good job guys.

·
Bringer of Shenanigans
1,031 Posts
imported post

Very nice. I would have voted for those 2.

·
Graphics Guru
1,311 Posts
imported post

[align=center]dont forget there was also $500 donated by motorcycle.com to use whatever way we wanted.. it was going to be for a spot prize or something, but Flyone, wexy and Dad decided to donate it to Floyd (FM) when they found out he was having medical problems i think.
[/align]

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
The forum members voted to split it 50/50 between Rudy and DaveO430 (bike accident on way to NASSIR 5)
What a great call, great job, great people.

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
imported post

wingnut junior wrote:
[align=center]dont forget there was also $500 donated by motorcycle.com to use whatever way we wanted.. it was going to be for a spot prize or something, but Flyone, wexy and Dad decided to donate it to Floyd (FM) when they found out he was having medical problems i think.
[/align]
I think motorcycle.com deserves a barrel of mana for their contribution and management a bit too for their wise choice.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Out of curiosity, how does the money get given to the recipients, cash on the day of the auction or PayPal later on when the money is added up? I'm guessing PayPal as I haven't seen Dave, Rudy or Floyd post to say they got the funds. It probably would be better to hand them the cash and save on PayPal fees.

·
Graphics Guru
1,311 Posts
imported post

FitzAl wrote:
Out of curiosity, how does the money get given to the recipients, cash on the day of the auction or PayPal later on when the money is added up........
[align=center]well first to get this out of the way,,,,, if you had been there you wouldnt need to ask. no point in not going and then wanting to know what happened. . :?

i think Rudy went home real early the morning after the auction, before the lads had a chance to give him the wedge. im not sure if he even knew he was getting it,, he was in his room for the auction and might not have known about it until he got home.
Dave came off his Wing and got injured on the way to Eureka Springs (God Bless him and heal him up soon),, so he wasnt able to get there to collect his wedge.
Dad presented the motorcycle.com $500 to FM near the end of the auction. the money for Rudy and Dave is in safe hands and will get to them soon enough if it hasnt already.

[/align]

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,707 Posts
imported post

wingnut junior wrote:
Dad presented the motorcycle.com $500 to FM near the end of the auction

Not too sure I agree with the way this was done,,But I bow to the Founder and his trusted mentor's decision making ability.

I was present at the event and am aware what took place!

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
imported post

I can answer that question. The money came back to Kansas with me on Saturday. The reason for this was Rudy left early Friday morning and obviously Dave0430 wasn't there. The plan that was decided by wingnut, wexy, and myself that I would deposit the money in my account and PayPal the money to both of them.

Here came the issue......PayPal wants to charge fees to do this as I have a basic account. I would rather see the money go to the members rather than PayPal. The other issue is that Dave0430 doesn't have a PayPal account at all.

I have deposited the money into my account and left on a business trip. Once I arrived late Monday evening to Indiana, I have wrote both of them a check after I PMed both of them to get their mailing address which was not instant thing. Literally, the check is in the mail on Tuesday evening after I got done with my business during the day.

I hope this answers the question.

Maybe Dave0430 and Rudy will post when they receive the checks as I can't speak for them and I certainly can't tell them to post about this, FM received the cash on site.

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,707 Posts
imported post

My reply was in relation to the $500.00 given away only.

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
imported post

No....not at all guys, first of all....you know me! I was just explaining this for the people who don't know me! (that may not be a bad thing....eh?) :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
imported post

I have to agree with Hawggy. Most of the time these things don't bother me and I just let them go, but someone donated money to the forum members and a select group made the decision what should be done with it without the vote of the group that was present, as is what happened with the Auction funds. Im sure no one in the group would have begrudged FM of financial Help during a time of need, Not going in that direction. There was money donated to the group and the group didn't know it......... till it was already decided on as to it's benefactor.

Bill: There should never be a question of doubt in anyone's mind as to your integrity or intentions, you put a lot of sweat and tears into this event, and it was one of the best, you and all the Rhinos that helped are applauded for you efforts!:claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::claps:

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
imported post

Guys, I appreciate your comments. I do not want this thread to go down the wrong road. I am not going to move this thread but lock it until staff can look at.

The money from motorcycle.com was given to Steve and not to the group and it was up to Steve to decide what to do with it and he decided after asking our opinions, to give it to FM as he was the member most in need of it at the time . There was never a question of it going to a vote as it was not part of the auction.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

jobe05 wrote:
......but someone donated money to the forum members and a select group made the decision what should be done with it without the vote of the group that was present, as is what happened with the Auction funds.
That is incorrect. To clarify, the$500 was given to me to use at the event for any purpose that I decided onsoa vote for it's use was not required.The $500was never intendedas a supplement for the auction funds. I reallyhad no concrete plans for the $500 and was thinking of a spot prize, quizor something like that, but still wasn't sure what to do with it.
Dylan and myself arrived back to camp lateafter the vote was done and when the auction was started, and during a conversation withFMI became aware of his currentsituation which he can elaborate on if he wishes to.If you all had been aware of that during the vote, I knowyou allwould have done the decent thing and included FM in your vote.But we don't have the benefit of hindsight, and none of you knew during the votethat FM was in trouble.After talking tohim I decided that the $500 would be put to better use in his hands. I would have done the same for any other member who was in trouble and approached me, FM just happened to be the first one I spoke to.
Once I decided what I wanted to do with the $500, I asked wexy for his opinion and he agreed with my thinking, andFlyone also agreed. Iasked Flyone as hostto make the announcement and he did, and I handed over the money to FM.
Theinitial idea tohelp outFM was mine andI have no regrets about it.In my mindthe moneywas put to good use, and like I said I would have done the same for anyone else therewho was in trouble and had approached me. Some decisions have to be made on the spot and I'm sorry if some of you disagree with this one, but I know I did the right thing.This postmight help you all understand the lead-up to my decision.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Hawggy wrote:
If your reply was to me Fly..That is not what I am talking about..I do not question your entegrity one bit. I trust you explicity and you know that..
I donno... he's been coming up with an awful lot of thongs lately.

He should have to release his taxes.. oh wait... that's another guy.

It's not that I left early, but I didn't stay up till 3 am like some of y'all.
I wasn't at the auction. I was in my room trying to get some type of connectivity going for the cameras and was having troubles with it as some of you noted.

Dianne and I were very surprised, later, to hear what went on. I wasn't expecting to be part of that as Fly is aware. But we are grateful and the hospital makes sure we remain beggars at the door. They are wanting a second PET scan, which is understandable given they have no other real way to measure how it's going inside. I'm holding them off as long as possible to reduce their temptation to want to do a third one later.

As some of you may recall, it was well over $6000 for the first one and that was after a hefty discount negotiated with the hospital billing department. That is where this offering will likely be applied. As of this morning the mailman has not delivered the envelope but like I said, thongs don't grow on trees.

Thank you everyone! It was great to be there with you.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

wingnut junior wrote:
FitzAl wrote:
Out of curiosity, how does the money get given to the recipients, cash on the day of the auction or PayPal later on when the money is added up........
[align=center]well first to get this out of the way,,,,, if you had been there you wouldnt need to ask. no point in not going and then wanting to know what happened. . :?

[/align]
That's true Dylan. I might have to come with you all next year. The wife has a sister living in Toronto and I am trying to work her around to the idea.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.