Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a long shot I know.......

But I'm looking for a Goldwing GL1500 to buy.

Somewhere on the east side of Australia.

Please PM me if you have one to sell, or know of someone selling one.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
Australia?
I don't know of any Wings that can be ridden upside-down.

:ROFL:
(kidding)
Good Luck
:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
hang in there mate, I have sent an email to someone on the forum here who may just be able to help you out with finding one. It would not be right for me to say who it is, since it is his decision as to whether to sell or not, or rather his father needs to decide to sell or not. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Australia?
I don't know of any Wings that can be ridden upside-down.

(kidding)
Good Luck
:thumbsup:
They come with two sets of wheels down here..... one set on the bottom, another set on the top. :raspberry:

:waving:

hang in there mate, I have sent an email to someone on the forum here who may just be able to help you out with finding one. It would not be right for me to say who it is, since it is his decision as to whether to sell or not, or rather his father needs to decide to sell or not. :)
I think I may already be communicating with him.
He's in Queensland?
His Dad own a '99?
He's in the market to sell, but asking price is a little above my bracket at the moment. :sadguy: [nice bike though, if it is the same one]

Open to all contact possibilities though.... thanks.

Cheers guys,
Ock.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Yes, I have heard that you were in contact so that is fine. :bow:

Best of luck finding something that fits the bill. :waving:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I have heard that you were in contact so that is fine. :bow:

Best of luck finding something that fits the bill. :waving:
Thanks Silver, and thanks for thinking of Lloyd's Dad's bike. :claps:

I've exchanged PM's and emails with Lloyd, also had a good chat on the phone with his Dad about the 'Wing last week- very nice bloke to talk to, he would be a great bloke to have a beer with :cheers:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
I now know why Australian Wings cost so much. Honda have to make those with the ability to hang on upside down, a feature not required in the Northern Hemisphere. :bow:

That is one lovely looking combination of bike and trailer though Lloyd :claps:, I would love to get my trailer tent colour coded to my bike, but I don't have the skills and it costs so much to have it done really properly here.

·
Premium Member
6,620 Posts
That trailer is a good size too Pete.

It has been used about twice in the last 2 years.

It easily handled a small compressor, water pressure washer and a normal size 18 inch cut push lawn mower. No trouble whatsoever to pull.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bump.

I'm starting to become despondent about finding one, come on guys.....someone must know of one for sale that I can afford. :praying:

The Mrs. flew out this morning to visit her ageing parents overseas, she will be gone for three weeks, I'm hoping to find one before she gets back.

I even have a five day block off work at the end of the month that would give me time to fly interstate and ride one home. :?

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Steve, what happened to the one in Ipswitch?
Sold, the dealer had taken a deposit but was unsure if the bloke would actually turn up from Townsville to actually buy it.... he did though.

Thanks Silver,

I have already followed up on some of the Bikesales ones but either out of my price range or not worth what the sellers are asking.

One on Gumtree I spotted this morning and will follow up to get more info on it, plus another there I hadn't seen before.

The Quicksales site I've never seen before, there are some possibles there along with some that are on the other bike sites as well.

My biggest problem is most of them are interstate and I don't have many contacts who are "bike savvy" to check them for me [only need a visual check and a listen to them running, not expecting anyone to ride one for me].

It will probably come down to taking a gamble, jump on a plane and ride one home... with fingers crossed that it makes a 2,000+ km run back without breaking down.

Thanks again for the links.

Cheers,
Ock.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Well if all else fails, my old 1500 is for sale on the forums here and on Ebay UK so you could pop over and buy that and ship it!! She is a beauty and being a Canadian Import she has KM on the clock and not very many of them at that!!! :)

Good luck and I am sure the wait will pay off in the end. :claps:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got one.

I bought one. :raspberry:

Thanks to all who replied here. :claps: [especially that Goldwing bloodhound LloydM].

I will post pics and a description somewhere [when I find the right forum section]. ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.