Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

my 94 wing does not have 1 of these on it and wondering if i should put 1.

what purpose does it play

thank you,

mark:waving:

·
Old School Guru
7,889 Posts
imported post

It is to cut the fuel off to the carbs when the engine isn't running. It keeps the carbs from leaking fuel into the cylinders and causing problems. It is better to have one than not. Are you sure your bike doesn't have one Mark? It is located under the fuel door, right in front of the gas cap. I know that some people bypass them when they go bad, I had one go bad on my 93, rebuilt it, and it was still giving problems, so I ordered one from Honda Online Parts and replaced it. Never had any more problems, but would not run without it, could cause fuel to get into the oil while sitting.:)

Gene:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

gene,

it definately does not have one but i got 1 from dennis along with slides.

po, i guess took it off. bike ran good until i started having carb problems from patched slides.

how can a person tell when it is not working right? what are symptoms?

and thank you and how 've been?

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

zimmerleemark wrote:
gene,

it definately does not have one but i got 1 from dennis along with slides.

po, i guess took it off. bike ran good until i started having carb problems from patched slides.

how can a person tell when it is not working right? what are symptoms?

They will start weeping gas slightly, usually due to a ruptured/worn diaphram. You'll get a fairly strong gas odour.

Dusty

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
imported post

If it starts to leak you can buy a service kit at a fraction of the cost of a replacement. They're easy to do - even I managed it!

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
imported post

Hi Graham, how long have you replaced the fuel valve with the service kit? I'd just replaced mine few weeks ago and so far so good. But I'm getting worried someone in this forum told the replacement kit sucks. Tq.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
imported post

Mine was replaced almost two years ago. No problems yet. Your post is the first I've heard of any problems. Like any diaphram replacement though, you have to be careful.

Although I got mine via a contact in the USA. I know Venco stock the kit.

·
Pwhoever
3,256 Posts
imported post

There was a problem a couple years ago with the K&L rebuild kit where the diaghram was a tad too small and it wouldn't seal properly. I believe that Jim Venco became aware of it and got in touch with K&L. K&L made the corrections and the new rebuild kits no longer have that problem. You can get in touch with Jim for further info at: [email protected] and here is a link on his site to the kit: http://tinyurl.com/l578c9

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.