Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
When my Chev PU check engine light came on I bought an Innova. It's the one that reads obd 1 and 2. It was kinda spendy but I figured I'd try and get a decent one if I was going to spend money. I plugged it in and it said it was an O2 sensor. So I bought an O2 sensor and the light went out. Didn't even have to install it! Isn't life great sometimes? It's been about 3 years now and the sensor is still sitting on the shelf. Now when the light comes on I fill it up with some decent gas and put my foot into it once in a while and the light goes out. I guess I drive like an old man.

Anyway, the cheap way for you is to quickly turn the key to the on position then off three times. (Not start just on.) The battery light should start flashing any codes. Three flashes, nothing, two flashes, nothing, 5 flashes = code 325. It works in a pinch but still easier to buy a scanner so make sure you get it right. Spend just enough to get one that you can clear the codes as not all will. The check engine light is the only one that will never burn out.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.