Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who do auto work I have a question . I am thinking of purchase of a OBD2 scanner/reader . I wonder what you folks might be using for home use and are you happy with it . I cant afford high end for sure but I dont want to waste a hundred bucks on somthing thats only going tick me off with its results .
So I guess I am wondering if the 200-400$ range will get me a tool thats useful .

I am currently working on a 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo . This car is dead in its tracks . Otherwise I could take it to work and have it coded with a Snapy-on versys scanner .

thanks for your thougts

·
Premium Member
12,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thaks folks for the input . I did know/recall seeing scanners in Wally World but will take a look . I have had several folks mention the Innova line .

As to my problem at hand on the Jeep I spent a little quality time with it today . I have found what I believe to be the problem . Its where one of 32 pin connectors plug on to the PCM . SO now its off to figure where to buy a plug assy with a complete new harness attached . LOL
lets see if this comes thru . it looks like this :

thats not a photo of my bad one .

·
Premium Member
12,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I do understand that any scanner/code reader is not going to tell me to go buy part# XXX and install to solve a problem . I dont want to spend a $100 to buy a unit that does OBD2 when $150 will buy one that does OBD1/OBD2 . Again if $200 will do engine and ABS thats good as well . I have a price limit in mind and will just have to sit and think it over as I read so much gobildy goop and decipher all the sales hype .
The good thing is this time some good old fashion searching has found my immediate problem . So the rush to buy anything is past . Which is Ok cause thats money saved for the NASSIR trip .
I do thank you for your thoughts and will be looking about but with a lot less need to have today .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.