Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi I have just installed two Autocom interfaces I have to turn the Volume up to 30.

I just installed them per instructions. I have checked the mute button as stated below.Any ideas?Thamks

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Hi I have fitted the two interfaces into the Goldwings Loom.This is so you can use Autocoms Headsets iwith the Goldwings Radio and Comms.The volume of the Radio is very low.I will check all the connections this week it must be something daft.Any info will helps. Thanks Andrew

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
imported post

Hi Brownbaker, I`m about to do the same, did you take the relavent wireing from the 7 pin din toa 5 pin din and just plug in to the bikes sytem?this seems to be the simplest way,

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Hi I just unplug the intercom lead inside the left hand pocket and added the inter face which the uses the 5 to 7 pin plugs.Also did the same with the passenger.I am looking today to make sure everything is connected etc.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Sounds like you are getting the same negative response as I got plugging in the basics kit from Nolan's N-com system, turns out they won't work without a whole lot more kit from N-com.

I can hear the stereo mildly at volume 30 on the stereo, but no better than that and then I discovered that the intercom was not working at all.

I am now aiming to change over to a full autocom system, that they assure me will then work.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Hi Silverfox,Autocom were no help.I have an Autocom system but thought I would go via the Goldwing Leads etc.
I have now bought the Music interface lead which plugs into the Passenger Goldwing plug then into the Autcom via a jack plug.We can then hear the Radio and I.Pod through the Autocom Headsets.!!
Regards Andrew

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

brownbaker wrote:
Hi Silverfox,Autocom were no help.I have an Autocom system but thought I would go via the Goldwing Leads etc.
I have now bought the Music interface lead which plugs into the Passenger Goldwing plug then into the Autcom via a jack plug.We can then hear the Radio and I.Pod through the Autocom Headsets.!!
Regards Andrew
As per usual, it sounds like it all depends who you get to talk to on these sorts of problems. I got various and conflicting stories on the N-com system before the rep for Nolan got involved and he was most helpful. It was him who told me I would be much better returning his kit and buying an Autocom set up!!!:shock:

The shop I purchaced the N-com headsets from were not specially knowledgeable about the N-com and certainly not about them integrating with the Wings, however they do know Autocoms well and at least are happy to part ex the N-com stuff back in against the cost of Autocom full system.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Hi Try the music lead (this plugs into The Wing Passenger Loom) same result Volume 30!! I have now gone back to my original set up.That is Autocom with an I Pod plugged into it.We are back on the autocom headsets.Autocom are bringing out jack holders the same as the Wings(a bit smaller).So will tuck the Wings leads out of the way.

Safe Riding Andrew(North Wales)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.