Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason I sometimes get 'un' signed in when replying to a post here. Has that been happening to anyone else or is it my 'puter?

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
its happend a few times with me too. but i thought it was my puter. i guess not.

·
Administrator
58,754 Posts
I have had trouble with hitting "wrong keys" and that would take me away from whatever page I was on or even making a new post. Frustrating because whatever you had typed is lost at that point.

I have not, however, had any trouble at all with being logged out of the forum. Restarting my browser and returning to the forum has always been normal and showing me logged in when I return.

I would rather suspect "bad keystrokes" causing your browser to logout than to think the forum is logging us off randomly.. Just never had that happen.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
being a almost computer Dumbo. when i would finish typing my response and click on post quick replay . it would tell me that i have to be logged in to post. so--- relog in and every thing i tryed to post is gone ?

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
This type of logging out or just changing pages has happened to me also... I now have taken to copying the post just before done so I don't have to do it all over again ...if it changes pages ..all is lost

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ That is what has happened to me a few times when responding 'quick' to a topic. Guess I am not so special after all.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts

Hit Ctrl + F5 should solve all of the above.....well thats the opinion of an old cowboy and I'm sticking with that.....:readit:

·
Premium Member
4,211 Posts
Auto-Logout still happens. But not all the time.
It's now less than it was. And that's a GOOD THING.

I type and post a reply... POOF! LoggedOut
I enter text to reply and check before posting... POOF! LoggedOut
My habit, 2 or more browser windows open (not tabs). Close one and POOF! LoggedOut
Check my mail in GWF. Comeback to the prev-post POOF! LoggedOut

Before previewing what I wrote, I'll CTRL-A and CTRL-C before doing anything.
Also clearing cookies don't matter, still happens.
It's a 1/2 PAIN in the Dupah
:?

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
I've seen this a few times - it seems to be related with the reloading thing for the adverts... When this does happen, I'll look back into the browser history, and find many (more than 20) rows of refreshes to load advertisements -- I will try to capture a screen shot of the next occurance to see ifit can provide any insight...

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
It is very annoying to say the least to get logged out all the time.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
That never happens to me. Only time I get logged out is when I manually logout. Otherwise I'm logged in all the time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.