Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lock and Key Guru
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all Happy New Year

I have just finished doing Bobs aux input on my 1500 radio and was wondering :?can this be done twice? say via a spdt switch so that 2 devices could be pluged in at once I am thinking gps and mp3 and switching between when the need arises.

A big thank you Bob for this mod it must have taken some working out. Also thanks to Rudy for thisaux wiringtips.:):):cool:

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
imported post

hi there koxx take the bike and the things you want to plug in to maplins they sorted it for me.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Once you have Bob's line-in mod you can add as many other line it devices as you have switches for. One at at time.
Otherwise you will need a pre-mixer to do it correctly.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

You could do that easily with a dpdt mini switch. Just hook the l and r wires, which go to the radio input, to the two center posts. Then, the 2 posts on one side would be one input, and the 2 posts on the other side would be the other input. And, just hook all 3 shields together. That'd be a passive type.

There's active types on the market, Radio Shack used to cary one, but in their infinite wisdom, they dumped them after a short time. I hate that store, anymore. It's not your grandfather's R. Shack. They should rename it "Chinese electronic warehouse retailer, Inc".

Kennedy has a few here: http://www.cellset.com/Motorcycleitems.html

·
Lock and Key Guru
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

hi there koxx take the bike and the things you want to plug in to maplins they sorted it for me.

Maplins is where I got the bits to do the mod. What I am asking is can I duplicate the mod to give me 2 aux channels or would this over load the circuits in the radio. As for asking about this at our local Maplins they couldn't even find the stand with the relays on. I guess your branch is better.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
imported post

looks like maplins leeds is better but i think an inline spliter would solve your problem so long as you did not run both units at the same time

·
Lock and Key Guru
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks Bob,
Whats the benifit of the active type

·
Lock and Key Guru
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

looks like maplins leeds is better but i think an inline spliter would solve your problem so long as you did not run both units at the same time

Yes I thought of that but, thats what I want to do, hear the mp3 then flick a switch so I can hear the sat nav when needed. I am lazy I guess

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.