Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
58,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received this PM from Pure Texas:

Pure Texas said:
John,my avatar doesn't show up, well no ones show up,and I cant attach files,what's up.?
I will report this again.
It showed up as a bad forum software a couple weeks ago and was supposed to have been fixed.

John

·
Magic Moderator
4,496 Posts
I have Windows7, I'm using an Opera Browser and have 3 different blockers running (ABP, Blur and Avast) and I get all the avatars.
Does it have something to do with the browser?

·
Administrator
58,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there is a Microsoft 'fix' that caused this problem for a lot of forums.
folks who have backed that one 'fix' out, were able to see avatars and emoticons again.

I now forget what that 'fix' was, as Microsloth loves to issue them with just serial numbers, and their description of what they do is so vanilla, it is useless.

my Win7 pc does not get security upgrades anymore. I just turned them all off, and I never have an issue with spam or hackers.... I only browse a few forums and read news websites,,

even when I am using Google to search for stuff, I just make sure that the website is clean, and AVAST does not give me a warning flag on it.

my laptop is on Linux Mint 17.3 with Firefox, and it has not had any issues so far.

·
Administrator
1,194 Posts
He may be using an adblocker. If he is, then we can give him the steps to make the site compatible with his adblocker again. Just need to know which one he is using

Kevin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.