Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Like the first one it handled excellent. The really bad with this tire was at 7200 mile it developed a bubble on the side of the tread that contacts the road. The bubble was both on the outside and inside so I assume it separated between the ply's. No vibration was felt and luckily I stopped where it could be seen. Tire has 7200 mile on it with about 4500 mile of slab riding and the rest riding in the WV mountains. I wanted to take pictures of it and write to Avon to show the problem, but sadly an hour later the bubble was gone and I didn't mark where it was, and can't find it now.
Have not noticed any noises on mine but by the same token, my miles have been limited since June 2016 due to a Lymphoma deal (I think we are getting to a better place with that) ... discovered a few days after that last post of mine just above.

First bubble I've read of too? :frown2:

Is it possible the bubble may have been impact damage from some sharp pavement edge .... just asking as Rt 50 over near / east of Rowlesburg was some super bad last time I was on it?

·
Premium Member
36,492 Posts
Very possible it could have been pothole damage I just don't remember hitting anything hard enough to damage it. I really liked the tire, but I went back to the BT45 handles just as good and cost less. For now I'll stay with it.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.