Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put on some Venom Xs on my '83I and really like them so far. I have read about the E-3's and decided to look up what the Dunlop looked like. I was suprised to say the least. Is it me or do they have a remarkable similarity to each other.

I'm going to see if I can show this now.

Attachments

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

I like that whitewall tyre, wish we could get them for the Wing!

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

You know, I didn't notice the whitewall:):goofygrin:. I guess that they're only available in Harley sizes. Also, I realize that the Avon has more grooves in it. But, as I stated, I was suprised to see the 'lops tread pattern.

C-Ya

Hoie

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

englishted wrote:
yes the white walls look GREAT on my harley... and I think they actually would fit my 1200... just haven't been in the market for a new tyre for the front yet (the rear is a 15"car rim with a radial tyre (bike is strickly sidecar)

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

How do you like the handling of your Harley with the Venoms? As I've stated before, I LOVE the way my ol' wing handles. The only thing I haven't had any experience with the new tires is riding on wet roads. Time will tell.

Hobie

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Please dont compare a hd with the Honda Goldwing. :whip:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

You must be getting tired Redwing. You're a bit slow welcomeing the new members, you've been beaten to it on the "newbie" thread. :p

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Oh poop, Redwing, I've got some of "those" bikers in my social circle.:cheeky1:We all know there is no comparison.:D:goofygrin::jumper:

Regardezvous,

Hobiez

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Please dont compare a hd with the Honda Goldwing. :whip:
Relax, most respected elder,he's actually comparing tire performance. On the other hand it might be better to compare HDs with Goldwings since we'd more likely reach an agreement.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

JDuggan wrote:
You must be getting tired Redwing. You're a bit slow welcomeing the new members, you've been beaten to it on the "newbie" thread. :p
Hey JDuggan :stumped: What does all that rubbish mean. :whip: I have a days work to do for my neighbour before i get around to saying hello to anyone. :crying:If i didn't welcome you way back in July '04 please forgive me. :baffled: Your coming close to "Active Member" so keep posting. :jumper:

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

Don't think I ever seen a whitewall tyre in Goldwing size, would have thought it would be a good seller.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Skooter wrote:
Don't think I ever seen a whitewall tyre in Goldwing size, would have thought it would be a good seller.
Hey Skooter :waving: Leave those whitewall tyres to the hd guys. :whip:

:skipping::18red::skipping:

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

No, Wingdawg, I didn't. I don't see it in the junk either.:?

hobie

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
imported post

I'd love whitewalls for the Wing - might not notice how bad the alloy rims have corroded..!:shock:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Nitrowing wrote:
I'd love whitewalls for the Wing - might not notice how bad the alloy rims have corroded..!:shock:
Hey Nitrowing :waving:That will only draw attention to your corroded rims. :whip:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have just fitted a set of Dunlop D404 Cruisers to my GL1200 Wing. It's an '84. they look good on the bike.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
I have just fitted a set of Dunlop D404 Cruisers to my GL1200 Wing. It's an '84. they look good on the bike.
Welcome to the forum smudger1947

This is a 9 year old thread.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.