Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Has anyone lately tried the Venom Xs?

I put some on my '83I and have put about 800 miles on them in the last month or so. With the Progressives, brake work, and Superbrace, my bike handles so well, it's going to get me in trouble.:DI've ridden on a variety of surfaces. Tar snakes make the bike wiggle a bit but just by relaxing everything goes just fine.

Just curious,

Hobe

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
imported post

On another forum some guys talked about getting them for the rear of 1800's because they were higher profile and corrected the speedo error. I think they were getting around 10k on them which is about half what I got on my ME880but there is such a wide range of mileage due to the myriad of factors that go into wear that they may well do much better.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
imported post

I ran a Venom X on the back of my 1500 for a couple thousand miles. It was paired up with an ME880 (on the front.) That combination arose from a flat rear tire on a freeway far from home where I had to choose from what was available. I understand that my experience with the tire may have been influenced by the combination, though the tire profiles seemed very similar.

Among Dunlops, Metzelers and Avons, the Venom X is the only tire to have lost traction and spun on wet pavement. It also felt squirrely when I was even riding a straight line in the rain. I had no problems with it on dry pavement, but saw nothing to distinguish it from the Metzeler. It may not have been a great tire (I've heard of bad ME880s, but I've not had one,) but I lost confidence in it and swapped it out at the end of that season with an ME880 to match the front.

Jack

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I haven't yet ridden in the rain but I will be extremely careful until I determine how they handle.

Thanks for the input.

Hobie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.