Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

During the winter lay up I've started working on the bike. I found my front tire had a low spot in it as I spun it. There is no scuff marks on the tire and I didn't feel any wobble. I did hear a strange noise at about 35 mph. that sounded like a playing card in the bicycle spokes. This tire has barely 3000 miles on it. does anybody know Avon's warranty policy?

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
imported post

Good luck I had a simular problem with a Metzler. I bought it from a local dealer and after staying after it for 2 months I got another tire. If you bought it locally and have a good dealership to work with you may be ok. If it is a mail order deal I say chances are very slim that you will get anything done.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

The fellow I bought it from runs a small bike shop and he's an old timer who has a solid rep. He recommended the Venoms after using them on his VTX'S. We'll see.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

I had a Venom that went bad. But primarily my fault as I slung a wheel weight and never knew it. Bike rode just fine then I noticed I had a flat spot clean to the bias belt. Check and see if you still have the balance weights. I'm currently running some cheapies but thats just for the winter as I dont ride much here in the winter. Feb or March I'll get me some more Venom WWW's. Love'm.
I'm also sold on the Innovative balancing beads. 2oz in front and back and the tire stays balance never to worry about balance weights again.They're also a good fix if you did sling the weigh as youd have to remove all kinds of stuff to get the wheel off for a re-balance.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
imported post

Most tyre companies will replace any faulty tyres and require them back for testing.
I had a set of Continentals replaced as the rears had split down to the core, a few emails to thier head office in the UK and a couple of photographs had them send a new tyre to a local fitter for a free replacement and fitting.
Which in my opinion excellant service.
The faulty tyre was sent back by courier for testing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.