Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got my bike back from having Venoms mounted on my 1995 GL1500I. Did a traditional tire balance and added 2 oz. of ceramic beads as well.

And now the question that gets beat to death:

Had been running 41 psi front and 42 psi back with the E3's. This was solo or 2-up. Bike handled great, and in the year I owned the bike, they seemed to be wearing quite well. Would I be in the same ballpark running these pressures in my new Avons, or would I be better off running with what appears to be favored......36/42 front/rear? I DO realize I'm not comparing apples to apples here.

Thanks for any input.

Doug

P.S...Sorry for the typo in the title. Wish we could correct these!

·
Answer Seeker & Kibitzer
634 Posts
From experience

A friend of mine has run Venoms for years on his 1500. He probably has used up 6 or 7 sets of them over the years. According to him they delivery the best results when you run them at the high end of the rrecommended pressures . he says .."Run them hard!"

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will be making about a 200 mile trip this afternoon and again tomorrow. I think I'll run them 41/44 front/rear solo and see how they feel. Sound about right?

BTW....my first real ride of the season as short as it may be!

:thumbsup:

Ride safe and enjoy everybody!

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,911 Posts
Doug; I just put Venoms on my 1500 and am also interested in this. Keep us informed on how they ride. Getting ready to ride the BRP in two weeks, two up with trailer. Was wondering about the recommended 48 / 50lbs. I called Avon to see if this is correct and they verified that it is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.