Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
Joined
·
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

- the tent's been aired out, patched, and put away, pegs straightened....

- both of our thin synthetic sleeping bags have been laundered and put away, our down "quilt" bag has been aired out and loosely stored.....

- campstove emptied and stored.....

- riding jackets and pants hosed down, dried, put away.....

- both bikes hooked up to maintainers.....

- I put all the wrinkled, used individual state maps back into our battered Rand-McNally.....

- Red's away at school.....

-aw, shoot.... I hate this time of year.......

- I need to find a place I can ride year round, and I need to figure out a way to get Red's family to let us go there!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18 Posts
imported post

There's no perfect place.

If the winters are warm the summers are scorching.

If the winters are cold the summers are temperate.

Either way there's no perfect year round weather for riding.



Now if you had two places to live you might have it made.
 

·
Forum Diplomat
Joined
·
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

LARGEANDREW wrote:
There's no perfect place.

If the winters are warm the summers are scorching.

If the winters are cold the summers are temperate.

Either way there's no perfect year round weather for riding.



Now if you had two places to live you might have it made.
I'm a retired school counselor.... no money for two places...... and Dubswing probably wouldn't let me live in his basement........ He thinks he's gotta keep a Corvette in there!

Aw, shoot..........
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,880 Posts
imported post

CJ, You know good and well there is still room for 2 more bikes and you and Red at my place! Summers are warm and winter doesn't get too cold not to ride! I like it!

Bernie
 

·
Forum Diplomat
Joined
·
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Dubswing wrote:
CJ, You know good and well there is still room for 2 more bikes and you and Red at my place! Summers are warm and winter doesn't get too cold not to ride! I like it!

Bernie
Nice offer, Bernie..... but.... you know, I keep losing my keys there!

:cheeky1:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,193 Posts
imported post

Hey Mel, You and red can come down here. I ride all winter, and although it's hot as hell in the summer, your never home in the summer anyway, just take the hot months and do your camping, come home for winter and ride all year long
 

·
Forum Diplomat
Joined
·
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

The Big Dog wrote:
Hey Mel, You and red can come down here. I ride all winter, and although it's hot as hell in the summer, your never home in the summer anyway, just take the hot months and do your camping, come home for winter and ride all year long
I've thought about that...... I kind of like it around Cedar City and Panguitch...... within a day's ride of Five National Parks! Big ski area at, what, what's that name, Brian's Head or something like that.......?

Yeah.... Brian Head Ski Area...... I looked it up! I could live with this!
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
633 Posts
imported post

Well there is no perfect place,
But I ride all year except when the snow is on the road or on rare occasion when it gets below 15 degrees here in the winter in Kentucky,and it's not too hot in the summer.....
 

·
Premium Member
2008 Goldwing 1800
Joined
·
1,095 Posts
imported post

It does get HOT here but...have to ride anyway. And the winters are GREEATTT.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,193 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
The Big Dog wrote:
Hey Mel, You and red can come down here. I ride all winter, and although it's hot as hell in the summer, your never home in the summer anyway, just take the hot months and do your camping, come home for winter and ride all year long
I've thought about that...... I kind of like it around Cedar City and Panguitch...... within a day's ride of Five National Parks! Big ski area at, what, what's that name, Brian's Head or something like that.......?

Yeah.... Brian Head Ski Area...... I looked it up! I could live with this!
Ya, it's pretty cool, You can go from Brian head on a ski trip, and a half hour later you drop off the black hills and the snow is gone and it's riding weather again, plus the 5 national parks. Maybe someday I can start enjoying it more. I love living here
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,880 Posts
imported post

Mel, Since everyone is wanting you and Sandy to live with them; here is a perfect plan for you. First pick 4 areas of the country, world even, and the the seasons you would like to live there. Then let the highest bidder from each location pay you to stay with them causing you no out-of-pocket expenses. Of course, their payback is having You and Sandy available to ride with them anytime during that 3 month visit to each location! How is that for having your cake and eating it too! Of course, this does not include keeping up with your keys for you!:action:

Bernie
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top