Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Saturday we had a high of 36 Degrees F. and Sunday the high was 31. I ride both days. The skies were clear and sunny and hardly any traffic. Earlier Saturday morning I drove the Vette to a local cycle shop, bought a Gerbing heated jacket liner and heated gloves. Why did I wait so long? They are fantastic. All I can say now is; there are heated socks im my immediate future! If my feet hadn't gotten cold, I could have ridden all day and the battery stayed charged with no problems. I will truly enjoy riding all year now without have all those bulky clothes on. They have definately increased my winter riding pleasure!

Bernie

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Nice! A heated jacket liner & heated gloves are on my wish list, but not likely to happen this Winter. :(

John

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Lois told me to get the heated pants and socks so she wouldn't have to worry about me getting cold at all on my many winter rides. What a girl I have!

Bernie

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
Nice! A heated jacket liner & heated gloves are on my wish list, but not likely to happen this Winter. :(

John
Hey John! You probably already know this, but try slipping a plastic bag over a woolen sock before putting your boots on..... vapor barrier principle....works! Not as well as heated socks, but works......!

:)

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Dubswing wrote:
Lois told me to get the heated pants and socks so she wouldn't have to worry about me getting cold at all on my many winter rides. What a girl I have!

Bernie
You and I are both blessed, hey, Bernie......?

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

You have a great girl alright!:clapper: My wife also wants me to have the heated gear. It's just not in the budget right now. :(

Yep CJ I knew that. My feet aren't what get cold though. My hands are the worst followed by my arms. I think I'd be happy with just a jacket liner & gloves, but maybe my legs and feet will feel cold when I get the top half warmed up. :dude:

John

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

CJ, We are definately blessed! On top of that, we have our health and do most everything we want to do; in time of course. For a couple of old men we do well "Pilgrim"!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

You guys have it made, my lady says she is first. Ok, with me that means I get them quicker too. We take trips up North to see the kids and my sister, so we do the travel from her in So Cal to Washington at least two times a year. I need that gear for Oregon and Washington, surely not here where I'm at it's in the upper 70's today. :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

OK SpiderBob, just rub it in why don't you! He He! I still feel blessed that I can ride thru the winter as long as the roads are clear. I still remember riding in West Virginia in the winter at night. We would stand beside wood burning stoves in small country stores to get warm and feel our bones in our legs still cold as the meat around them got warm. We loved every minute of it too! We rode Nortons, Triumps and BSAs back then. I will try to get the heated pant liners anf socks this week and see if I can run a couple tanks of gas thru the Vulcan this weekend. I'm going to check on some crash guard chaps that help block the wind too.

Man, I love to ride!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

Hey Bernie........If you're done with Lois, would you send her my way?? :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.