Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the weather here in South Carolina was awesome today. The wife and I got the Wing out for a little ride. Stopped at Cracker Barrel in Santee, SC for some breakfast and then headed down to Charleston, SC. Had a good time just cruzing around and doing some shopping. Too bad they are calling for rain tomorrow or a ride to work would be in order.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Well the weather here in South Carolina was awesome today. The wife and I got the Wing out for a little ride. Stopped at Cracker Barrel in Santee, SC for some breakfast and then headed down to Charleston, SC. Had a good time just cruzing around and doing some shopping. Too bad they are calling for rain tomorrow or a ride to work would be in order.
WHAT !!! you afraid of the rain hehehehe;) I got some frog toggs I'll rent to ya.:readit:

cyclepath

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
We rode the BRP yesterday, it was a great day! We left somewhat early in the day and ran into a lot of fog most of the way out, heading south (or S. West) toward Asheville)
Started to get a little cool by mid afternoon (low 60's) and it always stayed damp but never rained, just fog or wet roads all day. Had to come home and wash the mud and salt off the bikes before putting them away.

Hopefully spring is right around the corner so we can get back to long range riding!!

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WHAT !!! you afraid of the rain hehehehe;) I got some frog toggs I'll rent to ya.:readit:

cyclepath

I already have some. :) Just don't like riding in the rain, guess I am wimp when it comes to that.

·
dlg14
178 Posts
I was gonna ride to may Dads house Friday (100 miles) but it was spitting rain all day then the fog rolled in. I was hoping to get a nice ride in, that doesn't happen too often in January in Wisconsin. I left in the car to go see him and turned around, too damned foggy.

·
Large Member
788 Posts
jealousy here...today it will be a balmy 12 degrees-that's fahrenheit. This after a low of -7. Just can't get motivated at these temps-not even for the cage. Not to mention a foot of snow/ice everywhere. But the weather will change midweek-the inversion kicks up again.
No hope for a ride until maybe March...:sadguy:

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
Well its a balmy 36 degree's F here today going down to below 28F tonight. Not much chance in the 10 day forecast to even get into the 50's.

Fairly clear skies with a few high clouds and the mountains are in plain view with their snow caps showing brightly.

I think it is time for the winter tear down. I get to go out in the garage and undress the lady down to her birthday suit so I can check all the nuts bolts and hoses this winter. A complete fluids change is due.

Hate to keep her down for a couple of weeks but since it is this cold this is a good time for it.

Henry

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was gonna ride to may Dads house Friday (100 miles) but it was spitting rain all day then the fog rolled in. I was hoping to get a nice ride in, that doesn't happen too often in January in Wisconsin. I left in the car to go see him and turned around, too damned foggy.
We had some fog yesterday as we left but it didn't last long. I seen on the news this morning where there was going to be a lot of fog up the east coast.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Lucky for you lads seeing a bit of sun. It's cold and damp on the Emerald Isle at the moment, and apparently going to get colder still.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lucky for you lads seeing a bit of sun. It's cold and damp on the Emerald Isle at the moment, and apparently going to get colder still.
It will get cold here again before winter is over but when I say cold, I don't mean Canada cold. ;)

·
Premium Member
67,635 Posts
Had a nice sunny 42 degree ride Sunday

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.