Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is. I want to mount an axillary fuse block. To my GL 1200 aspencade 85. Where would I hook up the power source for the axillary fuse block? I know the OEM fuse block has a positive and negative screws for accessories. That runs off of the 10 amp accessory Spade fuse. but I would like to add a fuse block for aftermarket accessory lights. and I want this to only have power when the key is turned on don't want to run off the battery. Sincerely Roger H. P.S. You people that are on here are so great with helping others out. Thanks for all your help you have given me . In the past and now

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The accessory terminal powered by a 10amp fuse. So I was thinking if I hook it up to that it will blow that 10 amp fuse if say I have 6 other thinks on the new extra fuse block. I want my front aftermarket lights on one fuse my bag bar lights on another fuse and so on. And these will be wired into toggle switches as well. And all these lights are LED lights . I know some about wiring but not everything but I am learning . Even at age 59 I still like to learn new things .

·
Registered
65 Posts
If the auxiliary fuse only has power with swith on use this as the switching side of a relay and connect power side direct to battery, with a fuse of course. If aux is permanent power just find a switched power to take to relay switch power.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice set up on that system. But right now to pricy for me off work till I heal up from a surgery I had done due to colon cancer. Got to watch my money maybe I'll wait till I get back to work but thanks for the Post

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks DBohher. I am going with the least expensive way got the relay all ready . Going to order a fuse block of of ebay. I think a 6 space fuse block is good enough. I did see a 12 thou lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts