Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 385 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just to let you all know ,Rudy contacted me a short while ago to let me know that John aka AZgl1500had been involved in an accident with a SEMI ,18 wheeler and is in hospital,

I called AZgl1500on his cell phone and have been speaking to him ,He is going for surgery today for cuts to his head ,He was very lucky as he did not have any bones broken ,He cannot remember much about the accident only what he was told ,If any of you guys would like to call him to wish him well then please do ,I told him I would post his cell number here and he was ok with that ,He was really surprised to hear from me in Ireland and I think I cheered him up a bit ,,so here is his number , 480.560.7460 ,at the moment he is in the Maricopa Trauma Center in Phoenix AZ ,I hope he gets well soon and is back on the road in no time .I think his bike isbadly damagedas he went under the truck and back out the other side ..So come on guys give him a call to lift his spirits ,he is one of the nicest people you could meet ..Ciaran

·
I am the Hobo
9,690 Posts
imported post

Could be worse if he had gone under and out the other side. I always make a point of trying not to argue with vehicles bigger than mine.

Get well soon John :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
imported post

I am really sorry to hear of AZgl1500's accident. I hope he gets well soon and pray for a quick recovery...

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

Perhaps its good he has little memory. Maybe its one of those things you dont need to remember...

Prayers are going out for John.

Get well soon, my friend...

dick

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Just rang John and it was nice to hear his voice, sounds like it could so easily have been much worse.

He told me that today was the first time he feels stronger in himself and that he was now eating, which is a good sign.

Apparently there is a video of the accident taken from a helicopter, which can be viewed at www.azcentral.com but he himself hasn't seen the footage.

Sounds like someone was looking down on John and saved him from worse injuries. He lost his helmet somehow and that is why his head is gashed.

Obviously,well wishes were sent and continue on here.... get well soon John, we miss our AZ1500GL. :waving::waving:

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

From what John thinks and from what I remember him saying, he was on the freeway, apparently in the fast lane with a semi near him to the rear. A car supposedly came on the on ramp and drove the semi over who smacked John in the rear wheel. The semi kept coming reportedly not seeing John there at all. John being forced into a wedge that kept closing on him when finally the semi went up on top of the concrete median which apparently saved John from being crushed.

For as bad as that is, that was a damn lucky day for him.

Of course there is a lot of blackout there and others reporting it to him in a drug induced stupor. Anyway apparently the accident closed the freeway for two hours or thereabouts.

John can make corrections to this or anything he or I got wrong but that looks like the gist of it. Also he wanted people to know he won't have web access for a few days.

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
imported post

Just talked to John, as he put it he "threaded the needle" He went under the truck and out the other side. The driver saw a bike pop out from under him. The driver performed CPR on John until John's company showed up and attended to him. He is in good spirits and knows he is very lucky. Said the bike is totaled, his son was able to get his personal gear and belongings out of it though.

Glad it wasn't any worse for him, the bike can be replaced.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Or send a TEXT message!!! It appears to be a Verizon number. Even if you don't have text message capability you can go to THIS SITE and send a free text message.[ You do not have to login.]

My suggestion is to keep it shortjust becausea cell phone inbox is not very big and messages may start to belost if full...

Number againis 4805607460

SDB/Jim

·
Premium Member
3,423 Posts
imported post

I just got off the phone with him and he seemed to be rather well but kinda busy with three doctors and a fire chief so I didn't talk long. I'll try again later!! :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

He sounded ok on the phone after all of this. it sounds like the rear of the truck might have came over on him and the bike and the truck both ended in the jersey wall and somehow he made it thru the wheels after bailing off. He has A head wound and he is hoping to get out of trauma center soon. Get well John . JB

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

Good idea. Done...

sandiegobrass wrote:
Or send a TEXT message!!!  It appears to be a Verizon number.  Even if you don't have text message capability you can go to THIS SITE  and send a free text message. [ You do not have to login.]  

My suggestion is to keep it short just because a cell phone inbox is not very big and messages may start to be lost if full...  

Number again is 4805607460

SDB/Jim 

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
imported post

sandiegobrass wrote:
Or send a TEXT message!!! It appears to be a Verizon number. Even if you don't have text message capability you can go to THIS SITE and send a free text message.[ You do not have to login.]

My suggestion is to keep it shortjust becausea cell phone inbox is not very big and messages may start to belost if full...

SDB/Jim
One note on Text messages, on my plan they cost 10 cents per message to receive. Not sure what Verizon's plan has but wanted to mention that.

·
Valkyrie Scum
2,777 Posts
imported post

Not wanting to add to any bills he might already have I'll just say that I am very happy to hear he is ok.
Get well soon.

Ty

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

I just talked with him as well, to let him know I was thinking of himpraying for him. He had a room full of Dr's at the time and said they were setting up an "enforced leave", so he would have plenty of recovery time at home without having to worry about work. Not sure what all that means but that's what he said. Looks like God was really looking out for him or this could have been a much different story.

Get well soon Bud!

BTW, are you looking for an 1800 now or another 1500?:goofygrin:

John

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
imported post

John,

I am really moved at seeing this article and video. What a reminder that it doesn't even have to be your fault... I can't think of anyone that deserves the miracle of survival more than you.

On the lighter side of it, after a stunt like that, there should be no doubt...

[align=center]:weightlifter:YOU DA MAN!:weightlifter:[/align]

(txt msg sent)

·
Just me.
2,746 Posts
imported post

I also spoke to John earlier, sounded in good spirits( could be the meds), heard him tell someone to wait a minute, as he was talking to Arkansas. Told him that we are all praying for him,. Tried to tell him that those kind of stunts only work in the movies, got a lillte chuckle out of him, he told me that it shattered his helmet. But anyway, lets keep him in our prayers.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

LilJack wrote:
sandiegobrass wrote:

SDB/Jim
One note on Text messages, on my plan they cost 10 cents per message to receive. Not sure what Verizon's plan has but wanted to mention that.
True... sometimes... but how is that different (or less costly)than calling him which will use up his minutes (which are notfree either)or may cost significantly more if the basic minutes have been used up..

and .. the best of both worlds....

If you are a verizon customer, use your phone.... texting or calling Verizon to Verizon isusually free for both the sender and reciever... ("in-calling")

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
imported post

sandiegobrass wrote:
LilJack wrote:
sandiegobrass wrote:

SDB/Jim
True... sometimes... but how is that different (or less costly)than calling him which will use up his minutes (which are notfree either)or may cost significantly more if the basic minutes have been used up..

and .. the best of both worlds....

If you are a verizon customer, use your phone.... texting or calling Verizon to Verizon isusually free for both the sender and reciever... ("in-calling")
Guess it all depends of the plan you have, with the plan I have with Tmobile incoming calls are free.:waving:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

sandiegobrass wrote:
Calling and receiving calls from other Verizon customers is free, I believe on all Verizon plans, however, unless you have a text plan, they charge for the text messages, even for Verizon to Verizon.

John

1 - 20 of 385 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.