Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

After a long pause, I decided to go back and assemble my 1977 GL1000.
So, from seized engine to replacing main bearings to putting the engine back together I forgot the oil guide. That was the killer. Took the engine all apart again (few months later), and bolted that damn thing back in. Here is the thread when I was trying to figure out what those empty holes were for.
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/2-goldwing-technical-forum/631985-gl1000-left-cylinder-block.html

Anyway,
The engine is mounted with the cylinder heads and cams on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
But of course, some parts I forgot where they came out from. In this case, I am wondering where this little spring supposed to go?

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another question;
I couldn't align the marks on the pulleys with the mark on the heat shields correctly. As the cams push on the valves, the pulleys always go back to their free position when I let the pulley go. Is their a trick on doing this? Am I doing it all wrong?
(Picture from Octane)

Attachments

·
Administrator
25,002 Posts
But of course, some parts I forgot where they came out from. In this case, I am wondering where this little spring supposed to go?
I think that is for the shifter detent.

Another question;
I couldn't align the marks on the pulleys with the mark on the heat shields correctly. As the cams push on the valves, the pulleys always go back to their free position when I let the pulley go. Is their a trick on doing this? Am I doing it all wrong?
(Picture from Octane)
The right cam will always spring away from the mark, you have to hold it in place to put the belt on, Octane's thread should explain that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.