Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holey Moley! Look what followed us home! Introducing our newest family member, a 2005 SEI Honda GoldwingA, weighing in at 800 plus pounds and change.....and trust me, Bunky, she's a sweet runner!

We rode it 170 miles home, over Stevens Pass on hallowed Highway 2, and fell instantly in love with it..... To ride it is like being with the Guild Navigators of Dune, "Great White" (which I immediately christened it) is a 'transcender' -- it folds space and time.....one moment we were in Everett, Wa, and another we were soaring and floating through the Cascades.....! Smooth, silent, and fast - fast - fast...... this thing was made for the American prairie!

And the American mountains....and the American desert.....

We didn't get a great price, but we got a good one; we didn't get a great trade on the ST, but we got a fair one....we're satisfied.....and after 170 miles, I'm convinced I won't miss the ST as much as I thought I would....I had it for five years; two transcontinental rides, other longish tours....I got my money's worth.... But we are a partnership, that redhead and me, and she was never happy on it (although she never complained.....). Like I said before, she's been back there for twenty-three years, and she's earned a choice.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Happy for ya, Mel. May the Great White lead you down many a smooth road...

Now, about deer whistles...

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
No , that model came in n 2006 ,this is the better 2005 model :) Good luck Mel , nice to see you finally back on a wing ,I expect we will be reading stories now of long distance trips on your floating armchair :) :)
I am sure Sandy is delighted with the comfort of the wing ,The Sts are a great bike ,but ya cannot beat the wing for comfort , many many happy miles on it , Ciaran

·
Administrator
27,898 Posts
:claps: Alright, now just go somewhere. :action:

·
Premium Member
12,868 Posts
:dance: WooHoo :thumbsup: I am happy for ya'll to have your new :18white:to enjoy the many miles ahead . I hope to meet ya'll down the road one day .

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts

Ride it like you stole it ! ! !

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
:claps::claps::claps: great colour - (Red too ) ;):waving:

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
All I can say is Beautiful!!!....Ride Safe, Ride Long...

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
Congrats CJ. Pretty bike and woman. Life don't get much better. Nice color choice BTW.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Congratulations Mel & Sandy!!

I am glad you made the decision to get the 1800, I know you'll love it! The ride, the handling, the power is almost second to none.

I use to try to compare my 1200 to my 1500 and now the 1500 to the 1800 and really, there is no comparing the three. They are each their own distinct rides and each have their own personalities.

Can't wait to see you out on the road and hear the stories..........

Tell me it has a trailer hitch?...............

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
My favorite wing, my favorite color, and now owned by two of my favorite people in the whole wide world! My blessings continue vicariously through the two of you!
Dubs

·
Just one of the guys
4,832 Posts
Ooooooooooohhhhh yeaaaaaah!!!!!

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
VERY nice, Hope to see you out on the road! ENJOY!!

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
I guess that means the F6B is out the window, lol

Gratz on the new to you bike. If you love yours as much as I do mine I'm sure you'll be happy with the ride.

It's clean looking in the photo, stock looking except for the highway pegs so you have a clean canvass to make it the bike you want it to be.

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Congrats to CJ & Red! Surprised you're not packed & headed somewhere already!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Great looking machine! I think about upgrading to 1800, but time will tell. Would love to see more angles of her......the bike!

·
Bringer of Shenanigans
1,031 Posts
Now you can ride down to Cottage Grove next month on a Wing.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.