Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My name is Chris Robertson in Dallas, back in the saddle again after 15 years. Haven't ridden on two wheels since my life awakening experience of strapping my guitar and some clothes to my old first bike 83 V65 Magna, calling my job to quit, and just plain rode into the sunset with my buddy to move to Albuquerque, NM at age 22 in the middle of a skin burning hot July.
Lived there for a year and rode the Magna until I wrecked one side of it by laying it down at 30mph turning from a traffic light at 1 AM while on a Zinfandel whine drunk from a box. :eek:
Fixed it, rode it more, and sold it to a racer to become a turbocharged V65 drag bike.
Since then I have built, tuned, and raced many turbo cars from my old 80's 4 cyl Shelby Dodges, 300z's, new Subaru WRX's, my own present Supra project, etc...
Have had Bike Fever for the last 15 years....
Family member picked up an 83 GL110 Aspencade a few weeks back and I have been the Mechanic and secondary rider since. Feels incredible to get the chance to ride again even though it is LOADED with body panels, compartments, and floor boards that drag the ground in a turn.

Already repaired front caliper, compressor, speedometer, new mirrors, and ordered new windshield. About to take care of the Front and Rear suspension with rear Progressive 416 assemblies and Progressive springs with new bushings/seals for the front. I have found a significant amount of great information on this forum to rebuild the forks.
Thank you for that!

Chris

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forum Chris! :waving: Enjoy the ride, and there is nothing wrong with dragging the floorboards!

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,640 Posts
Very nice looking bike. And it runs just like it was brand new don't it?

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
welcome to the forum turbofreak Motor vehicle Vehicle Mode of transport Motorcycling Motorcycle :waving:

·
Premium Member
73,587 Posts
Hallo turbofreak

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
Welcome turbofreak:waving:

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Hello,
My name is Chris Robertson in Dallas, back in the saddle again after 15 years. Haven't ridden on two wheels since my life awakening experience of strapping my guitar and some clothes to my old first bike 83 V65 Magna, calling my job to quit, and just plain rode into the sunset with my buddy to move to Albuquerque, NM at age 22 in the middle of a skin burning hot July.
Lived there for a year and rode the Magna until I wrecked one side of it by laying it down at 30mph turning from a traffic light at 1 AM while on a Zinfandel whine drunk from a box. :eek:
Fixed it, rode it more, and sold it to a racer to become a turbocharged V65 drag bike.
Since then I have built, tuned, and raced many turbo cars from my old 80's 4 cyl Shelby Dodges, 300z's, new Subaru WRX's, my own present Supra project, etc...
Have had Bike Fever for the last 15 years....
Family member picked up an 83 GL110 Aspencade a few weeks back and I have been the Mechanic and secondary rider since. Feels incredible to get the chance to ride again even though it is LOADED with body panels, compartments, and floor boards that drag the ground in a turn.

Already repaired front caliper, compressor, speedometer, new mirrors, and ordered new windshield. About to take care of the Front and Rear suspension with rear Progressive 416 assemblies and Progressive springs with new bushings/seals for the front. I have found a significant amount of great information on this forum to rebuild the forks.
Thank you for that!

Chris
Welcome from Oklahoma ::) Enjoy the wing ::)

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts
WELCOME:waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
:waving:Greetings from N.Idaho and welcome to the Best Goldwing Forum on the internet. If used, this forum will supply you with great information and hours of simple entertainment.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank everyone for such warm Welcomes! It's unfortunate other forums aren't as kind as this..... :)

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
Welcome, WelcomeTo Steve Saunders GoldwingForum.If you have any questions no matter how trivial they may seem this forum is the place to ask them. What I have noticed is that some of the people here were :15red:'sin their previous lives and can answer any question you have. Theforums that I get the most from are::

Goldwing Technical Forum

General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

These have the best info aboutGoldwing’s and are where you ask questions and can get help..

For Sale/Wanted ForumGood stuff for Sale or if you have old parts sitting around the garage you would like to get rid of....

:18red::15red::12red::11red:

And when all you need is a good laugh to start your day try the:: Fun Forum After that it’s up to you which of the others you will like the best all I can do is suggest.

Again Welcome to the Forum...

Oh and did I mention everyone here loves pictures.. Show us some of yours... Even if it’s not a Goldwing just a pretty view

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.