Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

it,s been a few years since I have been on this board having sold my wing 3 years ago,I have been driving an 05 yamaha vstar,but sold it last fall ,I just came across an 83 interstate with 54,000 kms on it about a mile from my house.the gentleman that owned it bought it brand new and it has been meticulously maintained,all maintenance has been very well documented and it is in unbelievable condition.unfortunately the gentleman that owns it has gone away for a vacation and it needs to be safety checked so it will be 2 weeks before i can bring it home

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

Double WOW. So close too. Ya just never know what is hidden right under your nose. Congrats, and welcome back

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
imported post

Oh, wow! That is one great looking 1100. What a find!

It's gotta be hard for the owner to sell it.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

Snazzy...

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

thanks for the welcome back,it is a beautiful bike in unbelievable shape,I wasn,t really looking for another wing at this time but I can,t resist buying it,it is in too good of shape,the owner is now 75 years old and can,t handle the weight of it anymore,I guess that is a good thing for me,I think his family has a large influence on him selling it,they don,t want him riding it anymore,The only issue with it is the belts have never been changed,but it comes with a brand new set,he just never had them installed,I have already booked an appointment to have them changed for the day I am bringing the bike home

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Wow.. Is there any chrome that this doesn't have??

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

if there is any more chrome available for it i wouldn,t know what it would be lol

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Man what a sharp clean ride!!! Congrats on that find!!:clapper::clapper::action:

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

Nice. I love that black color.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Congrats on such a Sweet find :shock: ..... and welcome back to the Family! ;)

Dusty

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

What a beautiful bike!

Are the new belts new? Or several years old, never installed? If they're very old, and as reasonable as belts are, I'd go for brand new ones...the real cost is in the labor.

Congrats on a wonderful find!

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
imported post

the belts were bought last sumer,original honda parts,i am going to let the mechanic check them,if he doesn,t like the look of them we will be putting new ones on,the shop where i am taking it,the mechanic has been working on wings since the first one came out

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

Nice looking set of wheels, ride safe and enjoy, welcome back

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

nice find .

·
Premium Member