Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey whats up... well after a couple of months with no goldwing... finally had her all together and went for a ride... now she just need some polish and ill do for a couple of months until i repaint her to install the new trunk i had bought long ago and the new saddlebag that will replace the one damaged on the crash.

I managed to fix the broken saddlebag and its on the bike. installed new trunk reflector and left saddlebag light and the bike looks even better than before!. with that new windshield and new speaker covers she looks rly sexy.

right after i crashed i added seafoam on the oil. following the instructions on the can. i couldn't ride it the 100 miles it asks. but i started her up every couple of days till the fan started to kick in.. today on my first ride. i can tell the engine sounds really smoother, the noises at the valve covers are 80-90% lower than before. shifting is great. the clutch is smoother and feels like has more torque than before.

ill ride her for a week like this and then ill do the valve cover gaskets and will rebuild the master cylinder. then ill do the oil and filter change and will have a group trip to a bike event, 600 km round trip. after riding my friends intruder it took me a while to get used to my goldwing again.

lets ride!!! :battle::battle::gunner2::gunner2::skipping::weightlifter::action::action::action::D

(does it looks like im very happy?:D)

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

I have to try that. I had fuel in my poil from turning the switch on and off. I have to change it soon. I will put a can in and see if my high rpm slipping stops.
I heard somewhere that the seafoam cleans up the clutch plates allowing for full throttle advance without slippage.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,651 Posts
imported post

muaymendez1, I agree with your comment on the clutch plates and Sea Foam's cleaning action.

I had the same results as what William_86 is saying on my 1500. Stiff action and slipping at higher throttle settings went away after the Sea Foam treatment.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
imported post

Hey William, it's great to hear you're back in the "game".
Yeah, Seafoam is a great product.

Ride safe!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.