Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got my LTD this back rest came with it. It is missing the bolt and spring on one side, but that isn't the problem. I can't figure out how this goes on to save my soul. I think it is all here, and help or instructions would be appreciated. I hope that I can get the pictures to attach. J R

· Premium Member
948 Posts
Most of them are attached at the top shock stud.

Scott

· Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure that it attaches to the shock mount, the question is how? It makes no sense to me. If anyone with an LTD could take a picture of their mount I'd appreciate it. It is possible that this is not the right backrest. It came when the previous owner bought the bike, but was no attached, so it is possible that it was just thrown in. Don't know, that is why Im looking for help or some pictures. JR

· Junior Grue
8,164 Posts
Mine is a Wingleader but very similar.

If you turn the bracket over you'll see that it comes down under the lip of the seat then up beside the seat if it's the correct one.

· Premium Member
948 Posts
So, I think the bracket that you have pictured is upside down and on the wrong side of the backrest.

Scott

· Premium Member
1985 GL1200 Limited Edition
3,577 Posts
I'm sure that it attaches to the shock mount, the question is how? It makes no sense to me. If anyone with an LTD could take a picture of their mount I'd appreciate it. It is possible that this is not the right backrest. It came when the previous owner bought the bike, but was no attached, so it is possible that it was just thrown in. Don't know, that is why Im looking for help or some pictures. JR

Ask and Ye Shall Recieve!! I've got the same back rest. Here's 2 pic's of it and it does mount to the shock bolt on the outside of the crach bar flange. If you need, I'll yank the seat and get some more pic's of how it's mounted.

Attachments

· Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ask and Ye Shall Recieve!! I've got the same back rest. Here's 2 pic's of it and it does mount to the shock bolt on the outside of the crach bar flange. If you need, I'll yank the seat and get some more pic's of how it's mounted.

THANK YOU Don. The pictures make it clear. I am getting it together now and will be headed to Arkansas on Friday. This seems so simple when you finally see how it goes. What a great help, just to see it. Thanks again. J R Ackley

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.