Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This is identical to some of the back rests sold by Kuryakin. I had it on my GL1500 but it kept me farther forward than I wanted to be. It was originally fitted to a GL1800. Mounts through the passenger 'grab handles'. Pictures and ad on Craigslist at http://slo.craigslist.org/mcy/2661803728.html The backrest is not heavy but is bulky. I have not looked into shipping cost but am estimating $25-35 in the US. Backrest is located in Atascadero CA. Reply by PM or phone numbers in ad. I am open to any offer. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

FYI ,, just to let you know , this will not fit an 1800 , the brackets on the 1800 are different size spacings between them ,the backrest may look the same but the actual fitting bracket at the grab handles are different ..

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
imported post

You sure about that wexy? The picture in the advertisement shows what look like an 1800 rest pad.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Yep , the pad and top bar are the same , but the lower bracket is different
, the 1800 seat is longer

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I did a search of suppliers of Show Chrome and Kuyrakin accessories for the Gold Wing and it looks like WEXY is correct. They both show different part numbers for the back rests, although the cushion looks the same. I talked to the guy I got it from and he said the guy he got it from took it off his 1800. So to be on the safe side, I KNOW it will fit a 1500, as I've had it on mine.
BTW my original post didn't appear on my 'account ' page, so I thought I had missed a step and reposted. How do I delete my latest post of this item?

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

I deleted it for you , good luck on the sale .Ciaran

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.