Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my naked 78 GL1000 and ‘09 GL1800 airbag about a year and half ago. Seemed like our interest has changed, we just weren’t riding as much as we used to. After the kids moved away we would typically ride 15-20k miles per, we put 10k miles total on the 1800 the last two summers we had it.

It didn’t take long to realize I had made a mistake selling the bikes. Soon the wife and I both started missing our rides, we decided it was time for another bike. We had ridden over 200k miles on our 2 5th gen GL1800’s and we’re very fond of them, but I wanted to try one of the 6th gen bikes. Around here new Goldwing are scarce and there are no deals to be had. We were lucky enough to find a beautiful 2018 tour with only 5200 miles that was still covered under the original warranty until 12/29/22.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nice bike! The amenities on the newer models are simply great. I bought 2021 Tour DCT last year. Its my 3rd GW; a '78, an '03, and now this gen. Neither of them compare to each other with this exception: they are all GW's and all have been the utmost the industry had to offer for that year. Well, and one other thing.......the seat SUX on the 18-21 models. If you haven't ridden for 2 hours at a stretch, you don't know...yet! I am currently on rotator cuff surgery 'hold" for riding (only 3 weeks out). As soon as my son can get here, he will remove my seat so I can send it out for rework so it'll be ready by the time the Dr cuts me loose.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
You're not the first person to complain about the seat. What was Honda thinking on a bike made to rack up the miles, first shrink the luggage, then mess with what was a great saddle. It looks like they got the message and expanded the luggage, now to correct the seat.

Reactions: aht_six

·
Premium Member
2021 Tour
820 Posts
Have an after market seat for my 21 still sucks. May try all day seats in Ca.. They just need to make saddle a bit wider for all of us Americans. Seat isn't too hard just not wide enough for support in my opinion. Booth my 18 and this 21 have way more side wind than previous models. Oh well about to old anyhow. LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts